England v Belgium

andykeenan

Milner has regressed as a player since joining City. Less energy, doesn't drive forward, wasted on the wing tbh but he lacks composure and seems to struggle to control the ball.

Milner has regressed as a player since joining City. Less energy, doesn't drive forward, wasted on the wing tbh but he lacks composure and seems to struggle to control the ball.

That's the problem with warming the bench for 2 years.

Was anyone, at all, in any doubt that the moment Walcott played that in for Defoe to run onto, that Defoe would smash it on the run, and miss? You could see it coming from a mile away.

Was anyone, at all, in any doubt that the moment Walcott played that in for Defoe to run onto, that Defoe would smash it on the run, and miss? You could see it coming from a mile away.

There is also no doubt that we will scrape through the groups, then go out in the 2nd round or quarters. There will be 2 weeks of wailing and gnashing of teeth about "why aren't our players as technical as the Europeans."

Then in August it'll be back to "the greatest league in the world."

Rinse and repeat every 2 years.

Yep. People forget that he was so good, and earned his move to City (for want of a better phrase) by playing in the middle.

He was never more than a "decent" winger. He was a brilliant central midfielder for us though.

Yep but then you could also see Walcott's shit pass coming a mile away as well.

Two massively over rated players.

I honestly don't know with this tournament and this England side. I can't remember a tournament that had people seem to give so little of a **** about than this one, which is exactly what Woy wants of course.

I don't even want to guess at what we'll do in it. The smart money is on get out the group and then be sent home but I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't make it out of the group in all honesty. It's a weak squad. Even if everyone was fit and in form I think you'd have to say it's not an awe inspiring set of players. I don't even think he could pick a particularly strong squad, Englands options at the moment are all pretty flawed.

It's all 'meh' I guess for me. I hope we do well, of course, and I hope Woy can bring back some positives from the tournament, I quite like the bloke. But I reckon we'll limp home with nothing learnt.

That's the problem with warming the bench for 2 years.

He's terribly wasted as a winger.

was a dreadful game of football to watch and England have same issues of not being able to hold onto the football. , If England play like this next week France will rip them to shreds

France aren't exactly performing.

They're very good going forward, but England's defence is actually pretty solid. It's the one part of the team I'm confident about.

At the back, France are a bit of a shambles.

I still expect France to win, but I find it highly unlikely that they'll run riot.

yeah ENgland are defending well and its similar to how Chelsea defended in latter part of champions league in which is make a wall and see can they be broken down. But against better teams that is a dangerous game to play especially what will be sweltering conditions.

Christ, injury crisis just keeps getting worse.

Why do England keep getting ill luck at major championships anyway? They are loooong due something from Sky Daddy.

Â