Speculation ended: Grant Holt re-signs @ Norwich

maqroll

Berbatov would be great but the wages would probably put Villa off, Moses would be a good shout but giving Whelan any more money would piss me right off after his comments about Villa.

Not sure he'll be coming anyhow as I said the other day I was told with a whisper from another VT'r that whatever is/has been publically stated Holt & Lambert have had their differences in the past and it would be surprising if indeed he did come to Villa, from what he'd been told from that neck of the woods.

Just passing the whisper on.....

I would rather we had berbatov but wouldn't be disappointed with holt at all' be a great partnership him and bent

I wouldn't be distraught if PL signed Holt but it would definitely dampen my optimism for his reign. Signing hard working, thirty somethings with one season of top flight experience from your former club doesn't seem particularly vibrant or reinvigorating to me.

The amount of fuss I've read about Richard being optimistic makes me think that Berbatov is closer to the kind of forward we'll be pursuing. Pogrebnyak on a free would be another option I'd be happy with.

Not sure he'll be coming anyhow as I said the other day I was told with a whisper from another VT'r that whatever is/has been publically stated Holt & Lambert have had their differences in the past and it would be surprising if indeed he did come to Villa, from what he'd been told from that neck of the woods.

Agent_ITK on (the social networking sight that shall not be named but is named after something that birds commonly do) backs this statement up

Agent_ITK on (the social networking sight that shall not be named but is named after something that birds commonly do) backs this statement up

Then I know who is Agent_ITK!... :)

Just kidding...I'm sure if true it will get round the pubs in East Anglia & such like and other journos, agents, fans will have heard same.

I heard exactly the same a few weeks ago.

What we need is a deeper lying forward, less of a goal scorer (though some goals would help) and more of a creative link man. A Sheringham or Beardsley type to get the best out of Bent.

I don't have a clue who it would be or where we could find them but it isn't Holt, Keane is the right type of player but due to his age not the right player.

grant holt ‏@holty30

Good luck to the gaffer will be sadly missed at Norwich. Enjoyed every minute of his 3 years.

Doesn't sound like they had differences to me mate.