Speculation ended: Grant Holt re-signs @ Norwich

maqroll

How can there be a clause? It makes no logical sense.

As it stands at this moment in time we've not as a club come to agreement with Norwich over the departure of Lambert and it remains to be seen if we will do. So there is no agreement in place between the clubs.

As for Lambert himself, he resigned seemingly following a breach of contract by Norwich so if there was a clause in that contract relating to the signing of his former players as a provision for when/if he moved on it is null and void on the basis they breached the contract. It is though highly unlikely that such a clause was in his contract.

So that just leaves the possibility that he signed such an agreement on leaving Norwich which is again highly unlikely given the nature of his departure.

This whole clause stuff has only come up because its rumoured to be part of the agreement between Swansea and Liverpool over the departure and appointment of Brendan Rodgers but as I've already stated the situation relating to Lambert is seemingly entirely different.

Therefore my conclusion is that talk of a clause stopping him going back for their players is just utter speculation without any foundation or logic.

Well it's either that or lose him for nothing in July? As I understand thats when his 3 yr deal ends...

He has two years left on his current contract.

Besides which West Ham are already reported to have offered more than the figures you are talking about.

I find it quite hilarious that suddenly all you Villa fans have become experts on OUR contracts.

I'd say arrogant as well, but I'm far too nice to say that. :P

Nobody is saying they are experts and nobody is being arrogant.

People are simply speculating about what clauses may or may not be in place which I'm sure is no different to what your fans are doing on your sites.

Well other than generally bitching and moaning about Villa, calling us a small club no bigger than Norwich and generally trying to kid themselves into believing it and that they aren't sorry to see Lambert go.

:winkold:

I find it quite hilarious that suddenly all you Villa fans have become experts on OUR contracts.

I know a few posters on here have made jibes towards Norwich posters as country yokels, but the naivety of your posts is not helping to dismiss the label. The internet has been available for many years, even in Norfolk, and contains a wealth of information about just about anything. So to find a reference to any footballer's contract longevity is fairly simple.

Do you know more than us about Norwich players contracts, just because they are signed to the club you support? Is this not an open discussion forum?

Well it's either that or lose him for nothing in July? As I understand thats when his 3 yr deal ends...

He has two years left on his current contract.

Besides which West Ham are already reported to have offered more than the figures you are talking about.

I bet hammers fans are going into meltdown about big sam offering 4.5m for a 32 year old limited ability target man :lol:

So to find a reference to any footballer's contract longevity is fairly simple.

Indeed, good Sir. A quick Google for news articles on the player signing will most likely yield the length of the contract. Failing that, there are numerous sites that list the length of player contracts. Like Transfermarkt. I'm not vouching for their authenticity or accuracy, just stating the information is out there if you look for it.

Still very bitter I see, you'd have thought that after sleeping on it a grown man would have got his head round it, seems not in some cases....

That is if you're a grown man and not a spotty little kid?

Interesting reading what a local journalist from Norwich called Phil Daley @Phil_Daley has said over past couple of days about Grant Holt

supposed quotes from his agent as well on his twitter account.

Apparently he had wanted to finish his career with NCFC and it's not true he wanted to leave. He didn't like being told he was too old

at 31 for a 3 year contract also.

Yes read similar Julie, seems McNally told him to forget about 3 years as he was told old, I'd probably agree with him seeing as he is almost 32.

Anyway Sky Sports breaking news is that West Ham have offered £4m.

i think Holty, Holto, Holtmeister could be worth a punt at 4m...

strong, good in the air, and can score a goal, still got some pace..

i reckon we could get 2 very strong years out of him...

Bent, Holt, Weimann, Saha/Defoe/Zaha/Moses/Hoilett would be excellent going into the season

Well if West Ham have offered silly money for him then he's not a player I'd like us to pursue, as he'd only be a backup to what we already have...

he wouldn't be backup, he'd waltz into our first 11 (more's the pity)

Easy Wiz, or you will get a reputation for being "nice" lol

Mate non of us know much if anything other than what we are told the rest we just fill in to suit our views. Nothing arrogant about that.

I wish that Norwich were happy for the success that PL brought and were able to let go without the anger but after Villa loosing players to ManC, Liverpool and Utd over the recent years I understand the frustration.

Just keep in mind that hardly any of those involved in football are "fans" of the clubs that they are at so they don't think like you or I do towards our clubs, for them it's just a well paid job and if they can get more money then most will be off.

One day maybe Lambert will do it to us, if by that time he has won some silverware and got Villa into the CL he will go with my blessings and genuine thanks.