Speculation ended: Grant Holt re-signs @ Norwich

maqroll

I'd say yes to Holt if it was guaranteed he was going to score another 15 goals in the league this coming season. He'd be a good replacement for Heskey and the idea that he could once again score 15 goals maybe more in a better team is nice to have.. I still think we should focus on Bent and Weimann as our strike partnership though.

CI is certainly certifiable ;-)

I'd have Robbie Keane back in a heartbeat, I think without his loan last season, we'd have surely gone down. The guy has a lot of passion and knows where the back of the net is.

Just seen on the bible that is twatter that hes retweeted somebody this morning with the hashtag #holty4villa. Seems to have upset the west Holland fans even more.

I think that had more to do with the fact that the person asking him for the retweet is doing a charity run in Carlisle. Holt is from Cumbria originally.

And yes there are Villa fans living in Carlisle as elsewhere in the County.

Just seen on the bible that is twatter that hes retweeted somebody this morning with the hashtag #holty4villa. Seems to have upset the west Holland fans even more.

I think that had more to do with the fact that the person asking him for the retweet is doing a charity run in Carlisle. Holt is from Cumbria originally.

And yes there are Villa fans living in Carlisle as elsewhere in the County.

Was more making the point that he had upset Norwich fans rather than he's declared his undying love to Villa but thanks for informing me that there are Villa fans outside of the B6 postcode as I did start to wonder with only having a season ticket for 25 years.

Was more making the point that he had upset Norwich fans rather than he's declared his undying love to Villa but thanks for informing me that there are Villa fans outside of the B6 postcode as I did start to wonder with only having a season ticket for 25 years.

And my point about Villa fans living as far North as Carlisle was making the point not to you necesarily but leading from the fact that having had a conversation with someone at the club a while ago, AVFC don't seem to acknowledge that there are indeed quite a few Villa fans living t'up North beyond say Preston.

"Our fan base is very much from Birmingham and South of it"....said he. Yes he may be correct to a large degree but when Villa were in the Northern Reserve League - they used to get quite a few Villa fans turning up at Northern fixtures and they did build up a small but loyal fan base.... I was a little dismayed to say the least.

Norwich fans are also upset because of tweet from TFS Norwich which claims they haven't got clause in severence deal stating Lambert can't come in for any of their players for 12 months.

As Norton said, if it wasn't for Robbie Keane we'd have gone down, his two goals against Wolves was imo what saved our season. I'd sign him in a blink of an eye, he's a top player who still has lots to offer. Holt I'm not fussed about, if his wages are cheap then I dont see a problem with a 2 year deal providing Norwich are willing to accept 1 - 2 million for him.... Surely has to be a better option off the bench than what Heskey used to offer?

And my point about Villa fans living as far North as Carlisle was making the point not to you necesarily but leading from the fact that having had a conversation with someone at the club a while ago, AVFC don't seem to acknowledge that there are indeed quite a few Villa fans living t'up North beyond say Preston.

"Our fan base is very much from Birmingham and South of it"....said he. Yes he may be correct to a large degree but when Villa were in the Northern Reserve League - they used to get quite a few Villa fans turning up at Northern fixtures and they did build up a small but loyal fan base.... I was a little dismayed to say the least.

Norwich fans are also upset because of tweet from TFS Norwich which claims they haven't got clause in severence deal stating Lambert can't come in for any of their players for 12 months.

With regards to any such clause, as I said a few pages back, not sure how it can be enforceable if players submit a transfer request meaning they are effectively on the open market. If I was at villa, or if I was Paul lambert, I think I would think the same

Think this could tell us a lot about the club and its focus moving forward.

Buying Holt would suggest that we have learnt nothing from the MON days of high wages and long contracts for 30 somethings.

Buying someone like Jordan Rhodes suggests a clear eye on the future and building a team to compete over the next 3/4 years.

I know which one I prefer.

With regards to any such clause, as I said a few pages back, not sure how it can be enforceable if players submit a transfer request meaning they are effectively on the open market. If I was at villa, or if I was Paul lambert, I think I would think the same

Possibly but there were a few rumours a couple of days ago that Lambert is angry with Norwich and has point blank refused to sign any such clause,

so it was interesting reading what TFS Norwich posted last night, cos that kind of backed those rumours up.