Euro 2012: Group C (Spn, Ita, Irl, Cro)

TrentVilla

I'm actually expecting to be bored by the Spain v Italy game. Italy are fairly weak and have always been a defensive side, and I just find Spain immensely dull to watch. It'll turn into Spain parked in the Italian half ticking up the possession count and ending up with a comfortably couple of goal win.

As impressive as Spain can be in full flight, I just don't enjoy it.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand where you are coming from and agree to a point but I usually enjoy games which are a tactical battle of two very opposing sides. Not great to watch but interesting from a tactical perspective, for instance I loved the CL semi finals a few years ago between Inter and Barca in which Jose won out.

I can understand where you are coming from and agree to a point but I usually enjoy games which are a tactical battle of two very opposing sides. Not great to watch but interesting from a tactical perspective, for instance I loved the CL semi finals a few years ago between Inter and Barca in which Jose won out.

I guess I'm the typical 'old school British fan' that enjoys even end to end all or nothing style play. When it comes to football, I'm less interested in strategy and tactical battles, and more in excitement, especially when I'm not watching Villa.

I think thats also why I appreciate Spain's style less than others. I can appreciate the skill on show, and I understand why they play as they do, but I really don't enjoy it. Same thing happens in the Prem, if you took Arsenal at their best and Manchester United at their best, I prefer Manchester United's more direct, powerful, simple game to Arsenal's delicate but impressive 'pretty' game.

I usually compare Spain to a virtuoso rock guitarist. I appreciate the mastery of, say, Satriani's skill with a guitar, but I'd rather listen to something less gifted.

Spain are by far the best team in the tournament. One look at their squad and you wonder who can stop them.

cant agree there, a poor defence and no Villa leaves them more predictable in attack

Spain are by far the best team in the tournament. One look at their squad and you wonder who can stop them.

cant agree there, a poor defence and no Villa leaves them more predictable in attack

So who would you say is a better team than Spain?

So who would you say is a better team than Spain?

didnt really show it last night but Germany for me are better team and alos have one thing the Spanish players might not have anymore and that is hunger

De Rossi in the libero role and Fabregas as a false number 9. 0-0 all over this.

Spain: Casillas, Arbeloa, Pique, Sergio Ramos, Jordi Alba, Xavi, Busquets, Alonso, Silva, Fabregas, Iniesta. Subs: Valdes, Albiol, Javi Martinez, Juanfran, Pedro, Torres, Negredo, Mata, Llorente, Santi Cazorla, Jesus Navas, Reina.

Italy: Buffon, Chiellini, De Rossi, Bonucci, Giaccherni, Marchisio, Pirlo, Thiago Motta, Maggio, Cassano, Balotelli. Subs: Sirigu, Ogbonna Obienza, Balzaretti, Abate, Di Natale, Barzagli, Borini, Montolivo, Giovinco, Diamanti, Nocerino, De Sanctis.

Could be very boring all right but Spain have plenty of options to change it up.

Have to agree with Zatman, I'd say Germany are the best team atm, and would be very surprised if they don't end up as winners. The spanish of course have the likes of Xavi, Iniesta and Silva but there is not enough penetration in their side atm. On the other hand the Germans seem a lot more solid in defence and efficient enough to get the win.

I really think we could see the return of the old Spain and we see them not making out of the group, I just can't see where the goals are coming from. Can't believe Soldado never went. I expect to be proven wrong but I can see both Italy and Ireland shutting them out.

De Rossi in the libero role and Fabregas as a false number 9. 0-0 all over this.

Yeah, big games like this that people hype up are always shit. I hope not though.

Â