Euro 2012: Group A (Pol, Rus, Cze, Gre)

TrentVilla

I'm surprised to see a few people writing off the Czech's! Russia and Czech Republic will be the ones going through.

what about the greeks! we are former european champions :mrgreen:

out of all the groups this one is the most open

Czechs are awful at the moment. They can't buy a goal.

I very much doubt they'll get out of the group. Even if Jonathan Wilson did tip them as dark horses for the tournament.

Poland and Russia to qualify.

I've put a fiver on Pavlyuchenko at 50/1 to be top scorer. Is he normally first-choice in the team? If so I fancy him to bag an early hattrick

Not normally. Kerzhakov tends to start, then it's a case of who comes off the bench out of Pavlyuchenko and Pogrebnyak.

Going to watch this in Kiev fanzone :)

Was in Kiev for a few weeks last summer, what an amazing city, have the best time mate.

Also, if you get a few spare days, head west to Lviv, another cracker.

And, on topic, Russia to walk the group. Dzagoev is my fantasy team darkhorse!

I was thinking about the Olympics opening ceremony as I watched this one, and wondered why they don't just keep it obviously low key and invest the money in something worthwhile.

I do love how obviously plainly everyone has stated how this is likely to be one of the worst opening matches of a tournament in recent memory.

Slim Poland win. The Greeks are here to keep the score down. The Poles at least have some serious quality in their ranks, even if the team as a whole doesn't set the Earth alight.

Â