Friendly: USA v Brasil

JamieZ

throwing the scouting net out farther and bringing in lots of good, young German American players.

The grandmother rule should be abolished.

am sure they dont care like most small nations

Foreign managers are for small nations like Ireland.

though small nation like Ireland had same amount as mighty England ;)

throwing the scouting net out farther and bringing in lots of good, young German American players.

Well it still would not apply here. These guys have American fathers who serve/served in the US military. If you take a look the US has a strong military prescense in Germany in terms of bases. I believe that if your parent is from a particular country, then you have every right to play for that country as well.

there is nothing wrong with it IMO

and german/american players could refer to the number of dual nationality kids there are in germany at the moment due to the large number of yanks stationed there, for example the captain of the german U21 team, holtby, english army dad, german mother, he apparantly chose them over us because the FA were absolutely useless at spotting him, and when they finally did come calling the german FA promoted him to U21 captain

i think a fair few people dont understand the grandmother rule with germany, especially with the polish players they have

Well it still would not apply here. These guys have American fathers who serve/served in the US military. If you take a look the US has a strong military prescense in Germany in terms of bases. I believe that if your parent is from a particular country, then you have every right to play for that country as well.

Yeah parent is fair enough but grandparent is too distant.

I know of Jermaine Jones as a German-American (or American-German?)

Certainly no problem...unless your a xenophobe :suspect:

Just trying to protect the integrity of international sport.

If Republic of Ireland win the Euros then it's really an Italian victory rather than an Irish victory since Trappatoni would have been the mastermind behind it.

Tim Chandler and Fabian Johnson are two more i know of. Any more?

am sure they dont care like most small nations

Foreign managers are for small nations like Ireland.

though small nation like Ireland had same amount as mighty England ;)

Unfortunately :(

But Mick McCarthy is English so you've had 3 foreign managers :winkold:

What do the Americans think about having a foreign manager?

I'm thrilled with having Klinsmann at the helm. Not only was Klinsmann my first footballing hero (I was ten during the 1990 World Cup), he's an American as far as I'm concerned; he's lived in the States for nigh on fifteen years, he's married to an American, has American children, and he's becoming so integral to the growth and development of football in this country that it's obvious to pretty much all USA supporters that he is the way forward. Personally, he was my dream appointment, and he gives me something to be excited about now that the club teams I support (Villa and St. Pauli) are...just awful. Americans, like myself, are generally "country before club," anyway.

I feel the same way about our German-American players. In America, self-identification is more important than ethnicity or country of origin. If you identify yourself as an American, or even a "slash-American" (after all, we all are: I'm a proud German-American) and take pride in your ties to the country, I, and most Americans who don't live in the South and attend rallies, will be thrilled to have you. Our German-American players are proud to play for us (Terrence Boyd has been openly and positively giddy to get to explore the country, visit its landmarks, and speaks of his excitement to move here when his footballing days are over) and I'm equally proud to have them in our colours. They've injected new energy and vibrancy into a "traditional American" core and represent what I hope to see from America and the US National Team going forward.

In all honesty, I'm never more patriotic as an American as when I'm watching football, as what our football team is right now represents and embodies the most positive aspects of American ideals; they're a multi-ethnic group of unified players who identify as Americans by choice, playing the world's game on the world's terms, and competing with a sort of integrity and passion you don't often see from American athletes in "Big 3" sports (or many British and world footballers, for that matter, who generally also come across as a bunch of spoiled numbskulls; American footballers haven't developed that kind of arrogance and entitlement as they're not as celebrated as Big 3 athletes at home).

So yeah, I feel great about Klinsmann and I love our German-American contingent. I can't stand the new kits.

Well recently Timmy Chandler has taken a step back and looks like he will not commit for USA. But others are Terrence Boyd and Danny Williams.

Royal-Dominique Fennell (Stuttgart Kickers)

Jann George (FC Nurnberg)

Jerome Kiesewetter (Hertha Berlin)

Timmy Chandler (FC Nurnberg)

Jermaine Jones (Schalke 04)

David Yelldell (Bayer Leverkusen)

Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim)

Terrence Boyd (Dortmund)

John Anthony Brooks (Hertha Berlin)

Danny Williams (Hoffenheim)

Andrew Wooten (Kaiserslautern II)

Shawn Parker (Mainz II)

Tyrone McCargo (FC Nurnberg)