Facebook

maqroll

was searching for a picture on my Facebook and you know what  ...  it's a hell of a snapshot of a recent part of my life  , it captures it all really .. my wife ,my kids , my friends , my childish humour , my travels ..and  me being drunk rather  a lot :)

when I die if it could be condensed into a eulogy I'll be happy with that .. better than some vicar that I've never met pretending to know me

I know you shouldn't laugh at your own jokes  , but is chuckling at your own photo's allowed ?

• Like 1

was searching for a picture on my Facebook and you know what  ...  it's a hell of a snapshot of a recent part of my life  , it captures it all really .. my wife ,my kids , my friends , my childish humour , my travels ..and  me being drunk rather  a lot :)

when I die if it could be condensed into a eulogy I'll be happy with that .. better than some vicar that I've never met pretending to know me

I know you shouldn't laugh at your own jokes  , but is chuckling at your own photo's allowed ?

Go on, show us then. 

I signed up to G+ but ultimately they missed the boat and everything and everyone was on Facebook and I couldn't be arsed to do it again

They might have missed the tonyh29 boat but Google certainly haven't missed the boat with Google+ it is growing rapidly.

• Like 1

was searching for a picture on my Facebook and you know what ... it's a hell of a snapshot of a recent part of my life , it captures it all really .. my wife ,my kids , my friends , my childish humour , my travels ..and me being drunk rather a lot :)

I know you shouldn't laugh at your own jokes , but is chuckling at your own photo's allowed ?

Go on, show us then.

Oh you know it's just stuff like me in the Stocks at Warwick castle with a plaque saying Drunkard or one of me in the airline queue at KLM next to a sign that reads U Kunt.... All standard sort of fare there are probably a million Facebook photos like it ( minus me of course ) ...

Some of the drunk stuff reminds me of the night out itself as much as anything , one pic I'm dressed up in a Afro wig with a dodgy tasche , line green shirt , black and white zebra type suit and platforms .. I hate dressing up and remember starting the night feeling really embarassed and after a few drinks I went for a walk down to Tesco dressed like it :)

Like i say as a snapshot into my life I quite like it , just wish it had been around 25 years earlier .. Though then again maybe not

It's a bit scary how every moment of somebodies life can be documented on one web page that anyone can access.

Scary how though ?  ... Ok there is the annoying target adverts but that isn't unique to FB ... But there's nothing on there that I haven't put on there ergo I don't want anyone to see

Edited by tonyh29

It's a bit scary how every moment of somebodies life can be documented on one web page that anyone can access.

Only those people you allow to access can see it. 

The default position is that only people you add as friends can see it, but you can tweak that to make it more accessible or less accessible right down to individual people. 

But there's nothing on there that I haven't put on there ergo I don't want anyone to see

I've never joined the damn thing and there are photos of me on there.

I signed up to G+ but ultimately they missed the boat and everything and everyone was on Facebook and I couldn't be arsed to do it again

They might have missed the tonyh29 boat but Google certainly haven't missed the boat with Google+ it is growing rapidly.

Google's lose ^_^

I signed up , and I guess in that regard helped enhance it's subscriber  figures as did many of my friends judging by the invites  ... but it just didn't get the same level of take off that I could see .. maybe at some point it will take over and I'll end up on it .. who knows , I remember when Myspace was (kinda) popular so these things do come and go

But there's nothing on there that I haven't put on there ergo I don't want anyone to see

I've never joined the damn thing and there are photos of me on there.

yeah good point  .... best have a word with all your mates :)

Quite picky with what I put onto Facebook. There's probably only 3 or 4 photo's of me on there that are less than 2 years old (the photo's that is, not me).

There are some things in life that I want to keep to myself, and unlike the vast majority of my 'friends', I'm not interested in showing off every facet of my most recent holiday.

Quite picky with what I put onto Facebook. There's probably only 3 or 4 photo's of me on there that are less than 2 years old (the photo's that is, not me).

There are some things in life that I want to keep to myself, and unlike the vast majority of my 'friends', I'm not interested in showing off every facet of my most recent holiday.

meh ..it's the 21st century equivalent of inviting your friends around to see your holiday slideshow :)

I put mine up but I do at least take the trouble to condense it down to a dozen or so photos , unlike some of my friends who literally upload the entire contents of their memory stick , blurred photo's and everything

tbf I have a lot of friends who are fellow travellers and it's an easy way to exchange travel ideas  and share interests  , I don't' force anyone to look at them  (except on VT when I link to them at any chance :) )

Facebook - 1.06 Billion active users (MAU)

That is just stunning. Although come to think of it, what do they define as an "active user?"

People that joined I suspect :)

MAU is monthly active users - ie: the amount of people who logged in during the last month.

MAU is now up to 1.11 Billion users.

DAU (Daily active users - ie: the amount of people who logged in during 24 hours) is now up to 665 Million people.

meh ..it's the 21st century equivalent of inviting your friends around to see your holiday slideshow :)

I put mine up but I do at least take the trouble to condense it down to a dozen or so photos , unlike some of my friends who literally upload the entire contents of their memory stick , blurred photo's and everything

tbf I have a lot of friends who are fellow travellers and it's an easy way to exchange travel ideas  and share interests  , I don't' force anyone to look at them  (except on VT when I link to them at any chance :) )

Absolutely.

That wasn't a dig at you at all, if I was your friend I'd probably spend an hour quite happily rifling through your photos.

I'm talking about the people who upload 100s of photos, covering every step of their mediocre package holiday to Tenerif. You know the kind... "Boarding the plane lol". F*ck off.

But where's the problem with that?  All you'll see on your FB new feed is that So and So has uploaded 100 photos to an album.  Surely it's up to you if you then click through and look at them?

Â