Facebook

maqroll

Twitter is not for me. I don't want "short, sharp news" interrupting me every five minutes.

The Ten O'Clock news on BBC1 is my source. If there's something really major, like a 9/11, I'll get to hear about it soon enough anyway.

Fair enough.

The only difference on the Ten O'CLock News is that you don't get to pick what subject the news is about. On Twitter you do by selecting the people/companies you are interested in.

Actually, that's a fair point.

Still don't want it, though.

It may be petty, but one reason I don't like Twitter is the name. That and "tweet". **** embarrassing.

Agreed. That and the annoying bird do my head in too.

Twitter is a funny one as whenever the subject comes up between me and my mates there is always a big divide. You either love it or hate it. There doesn't seem to be many people who sit on the fence with it.

Very strange. Also a very emotive subject for some reason.

yeah but that could be countered by facebook using such things as "your wall" and "poking" which as far as i can tell has died a death (i hope anyway, its been a while :( )

the terminology will change over time, things that are trending annoy the **** out of me most of the time

they over inflated the stock so even after a fall it will be higher than what it's true worth actually is.

People put the value of FB about half the price they floated on.

It will always plummet because the net grows and changes so fast.

I think Facebook is here to stay, only a shift in the way we use technology will change that.

Financially, I haven't a clue. I know it's really shite now though. My news feed is full of 'games people have played', 'who's viewed my profile', 'trending articles' or some horrible photo of a beaten child which you have to 'like', because it stops child abuse if you do. All from people who I went to school with and didn't speak to even then.

You know you can hide all these?

You only have to see a post you don't like once and you can "hide posts like these" or "hide posts from this person" and they're gone forever (unless you want to get them back)

Not on mobile, you have to sift through all the crap and I use mine mainly on mobile.

**** annoying seeing all these games come up and being invited so Farmshit and Chavville, TownCunt and all these crap new games, well... not that they are games, they are money making clicky crap that leaves people like zombies.

"Dear, your dinner is burning" - "Ok, let me just milk an ant"

"Dear, the kitchen is on fire" - "Nearly finished milking this ant"

"Dear, the flames are up your back" - "Ok, I am now just planting a Penis"

**** right off.

I've noticed a slide across to twitter amongst my nippers little social circle. They were all facebook, they still use it but nothing like as much. It's twitter 78 / 80% of the time.

Not on either personally, I don't think it's suffered too much without me.

It's going to be tough to topple Facebook now, because everyone is on it.

Technologically, Google+ wipes the floor with Facebook.. but it never really took off because everyone is on Facebook.. and getting it started is the hardest part. Why would you switch to Google+ when there's no-one on it, and everyone is already on Facebook?

People also get nostalgic, which is why they probably brought in the Timeline thing. People like to look back at old posts and comments from old friends and such forth... People are always against starting with a blank canvass, apart from the people who are moving for that very reason.

Unless something like Google+ launches a massive advertising campaign, and just manages to hit it right that enough people move over to get it started, and then watch it grow - then I can't see Facebook being replaced in the same way Faceparty and MySpace have been.

Unless something like Google+ launches a massive advertising campaign, and just manages to hit it right that enough people move over to get it started, and then watch it grow - then I can't see Facebook being replaced in the same way Faceparty and MySpace have been.

The thing that could kill facebook is exactly the same thing that killed myspace. Clutter.

Myspace pages were an abomination. Facebook came along and it was all clean and orderly. No noise, no glitter text, no music and videos starting automatically.

If facebook continues the way it's going it could easily be replaced by something else that's cleaner and less cluttered.

The problem being that the clutter on facebook is what's making them money, and they're going to want to keep making money so they'll add more clutter.

Technologically, Google+ wipes the floor with Facebook.. but it never really took off because everyone is on Facebook.. and getting it started is the hardest part. Why would you switch to Google+ when there's no-one on it, and everyone is already on Facebook?

I use Google+ more than facebook. What it's great for is following things that interest you, but without the spam and illegibility of twitter.

I don't see it as a direct competitor to facebook, just like twitter isn't. Google Hangouts is brilliant though. They all offer something different.

[*:9e26e7071e]Twitter for your spam fix and people making up news.
    [*:9e26e7071e]Facebook to find out what people you basically don't care about are having for tea.
    [*:9e26e7071e]Google+ for twitter withour the spam and facebook without the messages about tea.
    [*:9e26e7071e]Real life for friends.

[*]Real life for friends.

What is this novel concept you speak of?

Physically speaking to or even meeting an actual person, In THE FLESH!!?

It'll never catch on .... :mrgreen:

Yeah if they started charging for it I probably wouldn't use it.

It's good for keeping in touch with people, creating events for parties without mass texting, sharing photos etc... but nothing worth paying for.

Financially, I haven't a clue. I know it's really shite now though. My news feed is full of 'games people have played', 'who's viewed my profile', 'trending articles' or some horrible photo of a beaten child which you have to 'like', because it stops child abuse if you do. All from people who I went to school with and didn't speak to even then.

You only have to see a post you don't like once and you can "hide posts like these" or "hide posts from this person" and they're gone forever (unless you want to get them back)

Not on mobile, you have to sift through all the crap and I use mine mainly on mobile.

**** annoying seeing all these games come up and being invited so Farmshit and Chavville, TownCunt and all these crap new games, well... not that they are games, they are money making clicky crap that leaves people like zombies.

**** right off.

:crylaugh:

I think Google + would be good if anyone I knew was on it. Of the few dozen I "friended" on G+ when I signed up literally none of them have posted anything since the first couple of weeks they were on there. It's like a ghost town

**** right off.

:D

Incidentally, I don't think you can block them from your mobile, but if you block them on the actual website, then they subsequently won't show up on your mobile.

go to your desktop, hide all the game posts, and you will never see them on your mobile again. simples.

Â