Speculation: Gareth Southgate (The FA)

AVFC-Tamworth

My understanding, is that Southgate actually didn't do a bad job at Middlesborough, although obviously relegation wasn't a positive! From what I know, after the big spending that McLaren had done, when they appointed Southgate, his remit was to bring through the young players and keep costs down. He's openly sais that the signing of Alves was not his choice, but he was a young manager in a big job and didn't think he could walkaway (like Pardew did at West Ham). He was also sacked at a time when he had Boro performing well and in a with a good chance of promotion. Thats my understanding anyway!

Anyway, not saying he's my first choice, but if if we want someone young and ambitous, with an affiliation to the club, then he would be worth considering for me. Grayson is still my first choice, and his experience at Leeds ended on a sour note.

Southgate said no on Sky Sports last Wednesday, saying he enjoys the job he currently has but would like to return to management in a few years. As for manager, i remember when they beat us at VP, they played us off the park. He likes to play football the right way, but he'd need a good head beside him which is not KMac.

Southgate said no on Sky Sports last Wednesday, saying he enjoys the job he currently has but would like to return to management in a few years. As for manager, i remember when they beat us at VP, they played us off the park. He likes to play football the right way, but he'd need a good head beside him which is not KMac.

Was that when they were wearing a gold kit and Downing and Tuncay ripped us apart?

My understanding, is that Southgate actually didn't do a bad job at Middlesborough, although obviously relegation wasn't a positive! From what I know, after the big spending that McLaren had done, when they appointed Southgate, his remit was to bring through the young players and keep costs down. He's openly sais that the signing of Alves was not his choice, but he was a young manager in a big job and didn't think he could walkaway (like Pardew did at West Ham). He was also sacked at a time when he had Boro performing well and in a with a good chance of promotion. Thats my understanding anyway!

Anyway, not saying he's my first choice, but if if we want someone young and ambitous, with an affiliation to the club, then he would be worth considering for me. Grayson is still my first choice, and his experience at Leeds ended on a sour note.

Not going to lie, This is one of the poorest shouts going. We may aswell have him and shearer team up to attempt to relegate us ! And good chance of promotion ? It was his squad that is still stuck in that league :/

As for Grayson no, Champo manager at best.

Â