Soccer Aid

deeps

Been a decent watch.. Seems to be getting bigger and bigger each year, raised a fair amount so far. Fair play to Will Ferrell, played nearly 70 minutes, better than Heskey.

I'd happily see him down the Villa. If we are going to continue to flood the midfield with youth team players then having an old master like him in there with them would be brilliant on and off the pitch. Cant see it happening though.

I'd happily see him down the Villa. If we are going to continue to flood the midfield with youth team players then having an old master like him in there with them would be brilliant on and off the pitch. Cant see it happening though.

Yep, I've said as much tonight myself. Even in something as lowly as this you could tell he's still got it.

Yep, I've said as much tonight myself. Even in something as lowly as this you could tell he's still got it.

If he performed like that every week Milan wouldn't be letting him walk, he's been pretty much there worst player for 2 seasons save for the odd big game when he decides to turn it on. Been a problem throughout his career, just doesn't deliver consistently.

Ljungberg and Stam looked class. Even if Stam was clearly out of shape, great player.

RoW needed to play crespo up top properly, the ball didn't stick, England IMO used their legends better, was surprised by a few of them Murs and the 2 jls lads were good, what a goal by serge (although the commentators not knowing anything about him annoyed me)

I think in the 2nd half especially if sweeper had wanted to take the piss and score a few he could have done, but unlike Phillips he seemed reluctant to smash one in

Was good though, enjoyed it more than I thought I would

How did KEane play, would love if he broke up Robbie Williams or one of the "celebrities"

Seedorf took the piss throughout, he was jogging about

sounds like a typical Seedorf game now. cant believe a lot of people still rate the guy

How did KEane play, would love if he broke up Robbie Williams or one of the "celebrities"

Seedorf took the piss throughout, he was jogging about

sounds like a typical Seedorf game now. cant believe a lot of people still rate the guy

The point is Seedorf doesn't have to make an effort and he is still the best player on the pitch. Truly one of the greatest, even now.

I don't rate Seedorf.

He seems to get loads of praise because he's won the Champions League a few times - I don't remember him being a world-class player or anything.

^^^ What???

Seedorf has been an integral part of some of the best teams in the world all the way through his career. Even now at the age of 36 he still played 30 times for Milan this season!

As for soccer aid, I thought that it was decent. Will Ferrell was quality to be fair. I was impressed with his stamina. He was meant to be playing up front but he was running all over the place pretty much non stop for 70 mins.

I only watched for about 20mins, saw Gordon Ramsey get clattered by Teddy Sheringham (:lol:). How is he?

Also, did anyone else find it a bit cringeworthy how it was being treated like a big cup final? The hours of buildup, the matching suits, the walking on the pitch before the game... I just found the whole thing very odd. It was a charity football match.

I only caught the last 15 mins, but from what I saw the England team seemed to be taking it a lot more seriously than the RoW.

The RoW pros seemed happy to play the game a bit more and let the celebs have a lot of the ball. Whereas england were more like "give it to Super Kev"

As i said earlier, didn't realise there were so many big names in it. Might catch a replay of it if they show it.

Â