Aston Villa 19th most valuable brand in world football

KentVillan

I know what your saying it what other club is going to pay gabby 50k a week? Can't think of many. Who is going to give Dunne 50k or Hutton over 25k ....the days of big wages and spending are over for most teams and I fear we are stuck with this lot who ain't that good...

For a club that is supposedly having to "cut costs" we still made 7m last season, and that's not including selling off our squad.

Check this out : LINK

I looked at these figures, which are set out in more detail in the paper Guardian today, and thought "Oh, we are really in very bad trouble."

I can't see how you dedúce £7m "made" last year from these figures. No figures in the charts, whether added or subtracted, seem to come to 7.

Maybe I'm missing something?

Also, thoe figures are just turnover and staff costs - they don't include any other costs so are quite frankly pretty meaningless.

Villa's accounts are a very intriguing read though, I had a scan over them yesterday and some of the numbers are quite worrying.

i believe the wages and turnover costs were for the 2010 / 11 season ie the season before the one just finished. since then, we have gotten rid of more than 20 players, including big earners such as reo-coker, carew, a young, l young, downing, heskey, cuellar, beye, guzan and gotten in nzogbia, hutton and given...

i think our wage position must be significantly improved as a result.

on the other hand, average gates were also down as a result of the abortion of a season we've just been through...

it would be really helpful for the club to give us a snapshot of where we currently are, so that we, as fans can at least judge whether the pain of getting the wage bill under control is showing some tangible results.

Â