Aston Villa 19th most valuable brand in world football

KentVillan

The problem being most of the kids when they actually do break through they don't get the opportunities due to the cliquey first team set ups or managers without vision.

would agree with this statement and not just on England it happens a lot around Europe you need a really strong manager like Fergie or a Van Gaal who will have faith in youth talent

I was in acocks green the other day and I saw two young Indian brothers out, both wearing Liverpool tops

Like it or not, Liverpool are simply put, light years ahead of us in terms of a proper global brand

Wherever you go in the world you will see knock off stuff for probably half a dozen teams namely, Liverpool United Chelsea Barca Real possibly Munich/Arsenal sometimes Inter & AC

I was in acocks green the other day and I saw two young Indian brothers out, both wearing Liverpool tops

How can you be sure that they were brothers? Did they show you their birth certicates? They may just have been friends LOL.

How can you be sure that they were brothers? Did they show you their birth certificates? They may just have been friends LOL.

villa might be 19th but that means nothing when theres no money to spend on players.

we were close to being the biggest brand in the championship. big deal

weve got the history but that doesn't bring trophies.

For a club that is supposedly having to "cut costs" we still made 7m last season, and that's not including selling off our squad.

Check this out : LINK

That shows only that Turnover was higher than wages. We did not 'Make' the difference, what do you think happened to all the other costs ?

For a club that is supposedly having to "cut costs" we still made 7m last season, and that's not including selling off our squad.

Check this out : LINK

I looked at these figures, which are set out in more detail in the paper Guardian today, and thought "Oh, we are really in very bad trouble."

I can't see how you dedúce £7m "made" last year from these figures. No figures in the charts, whether added or subtracted, seem to come to 7.

Maybe I'm missing something?

We don't get much Asian support in Brum.

How on earth did we go from 25 to 19

with the season we just had.

The same reason why:

LOL @ West Ham ranked higher than Valencia, and Seattle ranked higher than Atletico Madrid...

Stoke more valuable than Atletico Madrid, Sevilla, Lazio or Fiorentina.

Fulham and Sunderland more valuable than Celtic, Bayer Leverkusen and those mentioned above.

How on earth did we go from 25 to 19

with the season we just had.

The same reason why:

LOL @ West Ham ranked higher than Valencia, and Seattle ranked higher than Atletico Madrid...

Stoke more valuable than Atletico Madrid, Sevilla, Lazio or Fiorentina.

Fulham and Sunderland more valuable than Celtic, Bayer Leverkusen and those mentioned above.

Don't local teams get far more support in Britain than they do in Spain and Italy?

I'm pretty sure there are more Asian fans (Asian meaning people in Asia) of West Ham than there are Asian Atletico fans, while in the Latin American world it's all Barca and Real Madrid so even there the smaller Spanish teams don't get looks in.

magroll

Don't laugh too much at Seattle Sounders magroll.

As MLS teams go, the Sounders have a supporters strength as good as any and they also play decent football.

After Aston Villa, I have always followed Real Madrid, so I enjoy the Sounders being ranked more highly than Atletico who since they let Suarez, Forlan and Aguero go probably should have declined in brand value.

The Sounders can often get a gate of 68,000 for selected games. They choose however to limit attendance to 39000 for regular games and sell out every game.

West Ham has always had a latent value since the days of Bobby Moore.

Too bad for them their results have never matched their fans expectations. hmmmmmmm remind you of anybody?

we may be 19th in terms of overall value, but to put in context, the value of the man u brand is almost 10 times that of the villa brand.

the value of the villa brand is $87m -a good number, although to put it into context, if RL sold the brand, it would cover our wage bill for a year... man u would cover there's for 5.6 years, tottenham for 2.5 years, newcastle, who are below us, would cover their wage bill for 1.6 years.

actually, compared to our wage bill, the value of our brand is the worst of all premier league clubs ranked in the top 50.

We don't get much Asian support in Brum.

I don't recall ever meeting an Asian person that didn't support either Man United or Liverpool.

How can our wage bill still be high, I mean we have got No players lol.. Half our squad has come from the youth academy...sure we've got some players on high wages, but overall not that much anymore.

Im sorry your just wrong imo.

Under MON it was VERY VERY high. Now its just High. Look at a team like Swansea`s wages compared to us and its astonishing how much our lot are payed for where they got us in the league.

How can our wage bill still be high, I mean we have got No players lol.. Half our squad has come from the youth academy...sure we've got some players on high wages, but overall not that much anymore.

Im sorry your just wrong imo.

Under MON it was VERY VERY high. Now its just High. Look at a team like Swansea`s wages compared to us and its astonishing how much our lot are payed for where they got us in the league.

Yeah agreed they are payed far too much...I think if we get rid of Collins,dunne,warnock, agbonlahor then we should have cut our wage bill a lot more..

Â