Mumble server ahoy! (voice chat for PC gaming)

Sie

As its cheap as chips, I decided to rent a mumble server.

Its a 50 slot and I figure its no skin off my nose if other people here in Games and Gaming use for video games. You can connect by firstly downloading mumble here and then using the following details.

Address: 85.236.100.59
Port: 30662

Always open to suggestions on how to have this thing configured. If you want specific channels added etc just give me a shout in this thread.

Mods, feel free to sticky this.

Signed up. More messing around with FRAPS I just recorded our chat while I was running around in Diablo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tgy6-lHjpM.

I assume my voice sounded different to you over Mumble then because it sounds okay in the video, though I dont know whether that is because it is recording my voice directly from the input rather than from the Mumble output.

Oh wow, your mic sounds much clearer in the video. It was pretty much a garbled mess via mumble, often difficult to hear. I wonder if it might be Fraps recording your intended mic input but Mumble has your shitty laptop case mic selected which is what I was hearing?

• 2 weeks later...

Only just seen this today. I don't think I'll be online much over the next few days (and not at all for two weeks come Saturday), so will install this when I am back.

Cheers for allowing us to use it and I would be up for some WoW or D3 with you lot at some point.

• 1 year later...

Ah brill. Normally use team talk personally but heard good things about mumble. I'll give it a download and see what the quality is like. BL2? TF2? L4D2? Torchlight 2? Lots of 2's there lol. I have a myriad of games and normally play for a few hours each evening :)

• 9 months later...
Â