Blackpool v West Ham Championship Play Off Final

andykeenan

Sky Sports 1 Build up 2pm Kick off 3pm

Place in the Prem nxt season Seaside or East End

Want Blackpool good weekend trip but just think West Ham will do it

West Ham have sold 40,000 tickts. Blackpool have sold 29,235

29,000, really? Piss poor.

Blackpool will always struggle to get a large support. They are based in Lancashire, as are Liverpool, Everton, Manchester United, Manchester City, Blackburn, Bolton, Wigan, Burnley & Preston plus a large number of Rugby League clubs. Basically this means they can only really draw support from those who live in Blackpool (pop 140,000) itself as out of town fans are few and far between. In that context 29'000 is pretty good.

As for the game I hope Blackpool come up. I'd rather see their gung ho football light up the Premier League again rather than Big Sam's variation of Alex McLeish's bore the opposition to death tactics. I like Holloway too. I dont get the hatred for him based on one nasty comment he said about the Villa at a time when we were trying to buy his best player from him on the cheap.

I think West Ham will win the game though, they thrashed Blackpool home and away this season. They won 4-1 at Blackpool despite having their keeper sent off and an outfield player in goal for most of the second half.

sky reported earlier that blackburn got 39,000 tickets and have returned 7000 of them, there taking 32. not bad really.

hope they do it to, west ham can **** off.

sky reported earlier that blackburn got 39,000 tickets and have returned 7000 of them, there taking 32. not bad really.

hope they do it to, west ham can **** off.

Seems a bit unfair that they get an instant return to the Prem ;-)

29,000, really? Piss poor.

Blackpool will always struggle to get a large support. They are based in Lancashire, as are Liverpool, Everton, Manchester United, Manchester City, Blackburn, Bolton, Wigan, Burnley & Preston plus a large number of Rugby League clubs. Basically this means they can only really draw support from those who live in Blackpool (pop 140,000) itself as out of town fans are few and far between. In that context 29'000 is pretty good.

As for the game I hope Blackpool come up. I'd rather see their gung ho football light up the Premier League again rather than Big Sam's variation of Alex McLeish's bore the opposition to death tactics.

Absolutely. Though there are a number of towns around Blackpool which also have a lot of Lashers fans, including the one I live in, Fleetwood, Poulton, and so on, but it's not a big City team and 30 odd thousand going to London is pretty good for the size of catchment area and the number of competing draws, particularly the big Manchester and Liverpool clubs which are only 40 minutes away.

Liverpool and everton are not in the county of lancashire

Liverpool is in the ceremonial county of Lancashire, and it has been for some eight hundred years. The southern border of Lancashire is the river Mersey and last time I checked Liverpool was on the north bank of that. If you have just checked on Wikipedia and gleaned that Liverpool is part of Merseyside then you should probably be aware that the area was created in the 1970s for political reasons. This is why Lancashire CCC still play some home games in Liverpool. Liverpool is in Lancashire just as Birmingham is in Warwickshire.

Liverpool and everton are not in the county of lancashire

Liverpool is in the ceremonial county of Lancashire, and it has been for some eight hundred years. The southern border of Lancashire is the river Mersey and last time I checked Liverpool was on the north bank of that. If you have just checked on Wikipedia and gleaned that Liverpool is part of Merseyside then you should probably be aware that the area was created in the 1970s for political reasons. This is why Lancashire CCC still play some home games in Liverpool. Liverpool is in Lancashire just as Birmingham is in Warwickshire.

Surely what you've said is out of date?

Birmingham - West Midlands

Liverpool - Merseyside

Manchester - Greater Manchester

Newcastle - Tyne & Wear

Â