KMACS Future

smetrov

Hang on... KMac, who has been a loyal servant to the club, who is extremely popular with all of the players, who consistently produced winning reserve sides, who has consistently brought through premiership standard players should be 'got rid of' because some ex United striker may or may not be interested in taking the job?

Fickle? Disgracefully so.

Completely agree.

If (a big if at that) OGS joins, I think Kevin would be a perfect compliment to the first team. If the reserves, youth and first teams are all following a similar footballing ethos then that can only be a good thing. Consistency is absolutely key if we want the club to be restructured. Letting Kevin and Sid go would be a bad move, demoralising and shows a total lack of respect for everything they've done. They've been successful, what more do you want??!

I genuinely believe that if we get someone young, who believes in playing good passing and controlling football, we need the players learning these systems from the Academy up.

I personally never said kmacs reserve teams play hoofball but the first team does! The whole coaching set up at villa isn't great is it really! Kmac and sid and all the others may be villa through and through may be nice guys, but we haven't really became successful have we?

Now for the reserve love in, yes they are successful at their level but can anybody please tell me how many of these talents have come through to the first team and been really successful and by that been really shit hot...........nope none spring to mind!

but your expectations (and the clubs) are far far to high. In recent years we have produced Gabby and Cahil - ok gabby has gone back a bit - but they are 2 players who can hold there own at big PL clubs.

In addition we have produced Craig Gardner, and Liam Ridgewell - 2 players holding there own as smaller PL clubs.

Its isn't going to get much better than that. I would view the academy as a revenue stream - if it can pump out players we can sell for between £1 - £4m a time - its a massively profitable academy.

Where the club is going wrong - is expecting an academy winning side to form the mainstay of a PL team. IMO that is far to simplistic and optimistic

What a crazy thread... There is no doubt that KMAC should keep his job, as long as the new manager thinks he fits that is.

I don't see him being our manager, but a fantastically import member of the coaching staff.

Hopefully the 11 months with AMc hasn't ruining years of great service!

If so we need to find a cure for this AMc sickness before it spreads.

Way too much Football Manager chaps!

Hang on... KMac, who has been a loyal servant to the club, who is extremely popular with all of the players, who consistently produced winning reserve sides, who has consistently brought through premiership standard players should be 'got rid of' because some ex United striker may or may not be interested in taking the job?

Completely agree.

Same here, honestly I'm starting to see why other clubs fans think Villans are shit supporters.

Those of you creaming yourselves for an ex **** ManU player who has a whole 18 months managerial experience but want KMac and Sid who are Villa through and through out of the club should be **** ashamed.

While I agree that KMac probably isn't right for the top job both he and Sid have done a fantastic job with the reserves and helping bring the youngsters into the 1st team.

If the new manager coming in has his own ideas then that's up to him but getting rid of the either just for the sake of change could really **** this club up.

Personally if it does end up being OGS then I reckon he will not only need their help but welcome it.

Well let's face it, he's not going to be getting the job as manager. If, yes IF Solskjaer is the new manager then I would think that he'd want to bring his two coaches with him. Would Kevin be content in going back to manage the reserves again? You would think that he would but the disappointment of losing out on the top job again may force him out. I'd like him to stay and go back to doing what he was good at with the reserves but if he wants to manage the first team then he'll have to wave us goodbye and do it somewhere else. Whatever happens though, Kevin has been a fantastic servant to Villa and I wish him well in whatever the immediate future holds.

Agree wholeheartedly. And Richard should hold his head in shame.

Agree wholeheartedly. And Richard should hold his head in shame.

For having an opinion? Never

I agree with patrick aswell.

Except of course i would not mind KMAC being manager as it would be a much cheaper way to give him a chance ? maybe give him a season...see what he can do.

Weve spent money spending on Houlliers wages then paying him off for his illness, Paying compensation for mcleish from small heath then paying him off... now were on about taking OGC from the club who have became something while he's been there. He's not my First choice but giving him a short term chance would be a huge bonus... and as you say he knows the club inside out and has passion for us,conclusion is... I CANNOT SEE HIM DOING WORSE THAN MCLEISH DID.

KMac is not a manager and never will be, he reminds me of Terry Connor great coach but when put at forefront, looks lost. No doubting his coaching but some people just are not cut our for being managers. To be honest I want KMac and GC to go back to reserves/youth. New manager should bring in his own staff, ideas etc.

KMac has done a fantastic job over the years and deserves a respected position at the club.

There are only ever a handful of British players who could even be considered world class at any one time. At this moment in time, only Rooney could mentioned in that bracket and I'm often a little doubtful. Then you have a group of top players who might certainly compete on a world stage but even then, there are perhaps only a dozen or so.

At any one club and at any one time there are perhaps 15 players considered to be at least capable Premier League players (Alan Hutton excepted). Several will have been imported from other countries and each one has a playing career of 10+ years. It therefore takes a huge effort to produce a player good enough to displace one of them.

Even Man Utd, the club everyone looks up to for producing talent, has struggled in recent years. Despite all the resources, the global network and the huge pull to attract all the best talent, they haven't produced one really top player in recent years.

KMac has done a fantastic job over the years and deserves a respected position at the club.

There are only ever a handful of British players who could even be considered world class at any one time. At this moment in time, only Rooney could mentioned in that bracket and I'm often a little doubtful. Then you have a group of top players who might certainly compete on a world stage but even then, there are perhaps only a dozen or so.

At any one club and at any one time there are perhaps 15 players considered to be at least capable Premier League players (Alan Hutton excepted). Several will have been imported from other countries and each one has a playing career of 10+ years. It therefore takes a huge effort to produce a player good enough to displace one of them.

Even Man Utd, the club everyone looks up to for producing talent, has struggled in recent years. Despite all the resources, the global network and the huge pull to attract all the best talent, they haven't produced one really top player in recent years.

Agreed ....and ergo hoping to produce a premier league team from the academy is a flawed idea.

speaking to the coaching staff and the players in hk over the weekend, the one thing everyone was agreed on, was the value that kmac brought to the club.

his record with the teams he has coached speaks for itself.

keep at all costs, in times of continued uncertainty - he's doing a great job with the reserves...

I personally never said kmacs reserve teams play hoofball but the first team does! The whole coaching set up at villa isn't great is it really! Kmac and sid and all the others may be villa through and through may be nice guys, but we haven't really became successful have we?

Now for the reserve love in, yes they are successful at their level but can anybody please tell me how many of these talents have come through to the first team and been really successful and by that been really shit hot...........nope none spring to mind!

What a strange post. You're using players not being really successful in the first team (which K-Mac is not responsible for) as a stick to beat him with. :?

For the record, I wouldn't mind K-Mac coming in. He's earned his chance for me.

It's funny, on another site a lot of people were praising OGS for his good work in with the United reserves and almost using that as a reason he's good enough. If we wanted someone who did well at reserve level we have MacDonald.

I hope he stays on a reserve level as he's done fantastically well there for us. But I wouldn't be surprised if he looked to move on. He seems to want to manage and he's not going to get the chance at Villa so he might have to go to the championship or league 1 to get that chance.

Â