No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

**** me you don't need to be ITK to know that McLeish wasn't first choice. Talk about stating the obvious. I got some ITK for you. The home kit next season is going to be claret and blue Exclamation

Whatever!!

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lerner didn't manage to get his No 1 choice last Summer and yes I personally do have a bit of ITK about that from several sources.........

**** me you don't need to be ITK to know that McLeish wasn't first choice. Talk about stating the obvious. I got some ITK for you. The home kit next season is going to be claret and blue :!:

Wind Your Neck In!

I used to have a very reliable itk, no longer at the club mores the pity

Oh him.

Didn't he walk out 5 days before the beginning of the season :winkold:

Another case of 2 and 2 equaling 5 for you I think thetrees. It was not MON.

It was a joke Richard, surely you remember them?

When was the other case of 2 and 2 equalling 5? Please expand.

Thanks for the courtesy Richard.

We'll put that one down as a PFE then :D

Again with the jumping to conclusions, not PFE at all but as there are numerous posts today to catch up on you'll excuse me for not responding immediately?

The 2+2 =5 comment was reference to your leading the charge on lumping on OGS at big odds certain he would be our new manager.

WE WILL NOT BE GETTING OGS, MM HAS JUST SAID WE WERE IMPRESSED BUT NOT ENOUGH TO OFFER HIM THE POSITION

where? So I guess the fat lady has started singing?

He was never made an offer :!: Impressed with him but not enough to take it any further but was a Good back up option .

I admit I wanted him and haven't a clue as I have said before who the other candidates they have seen :!: are . My take on it is :

Outstanding candidates

There you go sweet pea.

Lerner didn't manage to get his No 1 choice last Summer and yes I personally do have a bit of ITK about that from several sources.........

**** me you don't need to be ITK to know that McLeish wasn't first choice. Talk about stating the obvious. I got some ITK for you. The home kit next season is going to be claret and blue :!:

Wind Your Neck In!

MM has just said that we never offered OGS the job to turn down.

Looks like WE pulled the plug on this one.

Whilst I am convinced a "formal" offer was not made, I am not sure the facts point to the second bit of your statement to be true.

Lets see...

Lerner arranged for OGS to fly out to Brum for a chat - what do you think that was about then? Comparing SAF letters? No it was to discuss the Villa job, what Lerner's ambitions and goals for Villa are what he would expect a amanager to offer and what tools the manager would have

Lerner flew "towards" the states and OGS flew back ( I suspect with the instruction "think about it and let me know after the weekend if you are interested")

OGS went away , thought about the conversation they had just had and then after the weekend said "Not interested thanks" with the exscuse that he did not want to uproot his family.

Where has anything happened to suggest we pulled the plug, OGS actually pulled the plug FACT. and OGS and Lerner had a discussion last week. FACT

McLeish was sacked on the Monday.

We spoke to OGS on the Tuesday about the job, and then he came over on Friday.

We also spoke to MM and the the bloke from Portugal

We havent spoke to Lambert

Have we spoke to Martinez?

Have we spoke to AVB?

Have we spoke to Grayson or Kmac.

I doubt we would have spoken to DiMatteo before Saturday

If we spoke to OGS on tuesday you would have thought that the club would have tried to speak to all likely candidates last week, certainly by this week. You would have hoped we had some kind of shortlist by now and an idea of whom we wanted as we have said that OGS was not the prime candidate. I get the feeling this one could come out of left field.

MYSTERYMAN wrote:

He was never made an offer Exclamation Impressed with him but not enough to take it any further but was a Good back up option .

I admit I wanted him and haven't a clue as I have said before who the other candidates they have seen Exclamation are . My take on it is :

Outstanding candidates

It's Mick McArthy!

Really pissed off that we didn't just go for him. I'm not going to start calling for Randy to go or anything but I'm getting pretty fed up with them right now. What the **** are they doing?

This thread is turning to bickering.....

Pipedown will ya'...what the hell do you know!?!?

:winkold: :D

You starting???!!!! Right be on the field for 4pm sharp. We will settle this with a thumb war!

What you call my mum!?!? Thumb war it is......

MYSTERYMAN wrote:

He was never made an offer Exclamation Impressed with him but not enough to take it any further but was a Good back up option .

I admit I wanted him and haven't a clue as I have said before who the other candidates they have seen Exclamation are . My take on it is :

Outstanding candidates

It's Mick McArthy!

Please dont even joke about this. :cry:

the afcts are he isnt coming so we might as well close the thread

all i care about now is getting the new man in. if he wasnt offered the job what the hell have they been doing since mcloser was sacked?