No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

I think it's simple AVFC have not approached OGS.

Only thing that makes sense,

But we did approach him? Or else why was he jetted out last week? I am sure no formal offer was made b ut I think that he was approached is undeniable surely?

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But we did approach him? Or else why was he jetted out last week? I am sure no formal offer was made b ut I think that he was approached is undeniable surely?

Approached yes,had an informal chat/preliminary interview yes.

However,him being one of many/a few candidates to be considered and not a front runner makes sense in hindsight,and also explains much of what's happening since yesterday...on the Molde side of things.

We approached him, but decided against offering him the position.

Thus, WE pulled the plug on this one.

What I mean Richard, Is we haven't further approached OGS with contact to ask him to be manager of AVFC.

If we did pull the plug why do it in a way that makes everyone but us look like a winner? Rokke = keeps his manager. Solskjaer - becomes an even bigger hero gets a nice pay hike. AVFC - lost a manager who would have seemed like the front runner, who ticked all boxes, now left with what exactly?

After the biggest "come and get me" plea ever by Solskjær , I think that we never came with a final offer.

And as the optimist I am, I think we have a very good candidate lined up.

PS. My glass is always half full.

No because he has said he is not interested !

There is a lot of facing saving and misinformation surrounding this whole thing. IMHO we asked him for the interview and he thought he had got the job, hence all the strange comments the weekend including who he was taking as backroom staff and a player he wanted top bring too. He has realised he ain't getting the job and therefore we have this nonsense.

We try and say he ain't coming for family reasons and he says something different now to cover his arse and reputation with his current employer.

Well, that contradict what Røkke's Molde man said to the press about the three questions that OGS answered:

1) Yes, I will go to Villa if I get an offer

2) Yes, I will bring my assistants to Villa if I get an offer

3) Yes, I will try to bring Wolff Eikrem to Villa if I get an offer

What I mean Richard, Is we haven't further approached OGS with contact to ask him to be manager of AVFC.

Thats what i just said.

But it really doesnt matter what he says, because Randy doesnt want him as manager anyway.

We never offered him anything to turn down.

OGS - "im not interested in becoming the next manager of Aston Villa"

Aston Villa - "we are not going to take our discussion with OGS any further as we have no further interest in him becoming our next manager"

Sky Sports ‏@SkySports

Andre Villas-Boas' agent says he will only return to management with a club that has a clear vision for their future.

Another ruling himself out..

That's quite a woolly statement actually, unless the phrase 'clear vision' is just a euphemism for a shit boatload of moolah.

Been out and about all day so only just jumped on this thread.

I can't be trudging back through pages and pages so is there an official posting or link from someone in authority at Villa or OGS himself which rules him out 100% guaranteed?

Been out and about all day so only just jumped on this thread.

I can't be trudging back through pages and pages so is there an official posting or link from someone in authority at Villa or OGS himself which rules him out 100% guaranteed?

2vje6pk.jpg