EBAY

donnie

Does anyone still sell stuff on here?!

Used to make a fair bit selling car parts but the amount of money paypal and ebay was taking in commission really wasnt worth my time doing.

Got loads of 'junk' to sell, is ebay still the place??

• 4 months later...

My brother was moaning like mad about these muppets the other day.

He had his account for ages but since ebay started doing this pathetic DSR thing (detailed seller rating) he has since been indefinately suspended for falling in his ratings.

He had 680 odd feedback and only 1 as negative in 3 years on his account. He was selling items of a niche market, and over time others started doing it also.

Ebay explained to him that they suspended him due to having poor low seller ratings.

The way this works is that people where obviously purchasing from him, leaving gleaming feedback but only leaving '1 star' instead of 5 in which over time takes an effect on your account and then ebay boot you for 'poor seller performance' as it makes it look like you have offered your buyer a bad buying experience when actually you haven't.

This happens all because of some apple-john purposely going out of there way to purchase from the same seller or have others purchase from the same seller in order to be able to leave crappy ratings to eventually watch them be removed or kicked off and eliminate competition .

It is the most ridiculous idea I have ever heard of.

Basically it is virtually impossible to be a seller on ebay anymore and they have tore the arse out of themselves and became too focused on the upper 1% which involves untouchable powersellers and global organisations that trade as 'clearance outlets'.

If you want to still 'auction' it these days I recommend using other sites like ebid, ioffer, icey bid etc. Yes they are not big with audience yet but are growing rapidly with more and more people getting fed up of ebay/paypal rings of fire you need to jump through in order to be able to sell a 99p key ring and are jumping to these sites instead.

Feel free to discuss if you have anything similar or know someone else who's been screwed over by these clowns.

I bought an 8GB USB stick last week off bay, was listed as UK stock so went for it as I needed it quickly (to create a bootable USB drive for W7). Anyway, 10 days on still not arrived, looking a the sellers feedbacks it looks like its coming from Asia not the UK... so also probably be fake.

I've only ever been a buyer on eBay and apart from an ill-advised Western Union purchase of a Chinese-sourced iPod (you gorra larf eh?) I've never had any (other) issues with either eBay or Paypal. Thankfully.

I've only ever been a buyer on eBay and apart from an ill-advised Western Union purchase of a Chinese-sourced iPod (you gorra larf eh?) I've never had any (other) issues with either eBay or Paypal. Thankfully.

That's because your a buyer BOF, you have a red carpet laid out for you.

I gaurentee the minute you open up that sellers account they will roll you up in the red carpet and then expect you to wriggle out of it in order to carry on selling with them.

aint used it in over 6 years, instead of being a place for house holds to buy/sell unwanted things it got out of hand with power sellers and shit like that, the last time i brought something i got negative feedback because i didnt pay for the item inside 12 hours.

i use Amazon to buy all those random little/niche items.

seems to be more & more small sellers on their marketplace nowadays.

might be worth checking out for selling stuff.

some small sellers on amazon are absolute bastards, particularly aftershave and perfume retailers, a few times ive ordered whats been described as "brand new 100ml aftershave" only to have it come and its a 75ml bottle thats been opened. im sure the same company just operates under different names on there, and some postage some companys charge is rip off.

I sold a few things on ebay recently with no problems. The fees are the same as they've been for the last 3 years and I don't think there are any more muppets, although there were always a few. That was true in the days of selling stuff in the paper as well. They do expect a high standard from sellers though so you do have to be ruthlessly accurate with your descriptions.

I've tried sellling on amazon but the charges are truly extortionate and for business sales I couldn't turn a proft and be competitive. Its not set up at all for private odds and ends.

My brother sold a mobile on ebay a couple of years ago and sent it RM Recorded delivery. The buyer claimed to have never received it so ebay refunded him and took the money out of my brothers Paypal account. Even though he presented a tracking number that was signed for eBay didn't care and would not budge.

Â