General Krulak owes us an apology

TRS-T

I still can't get my head round this Alex Ferguson recommendation thing. Surely anyone with any common sense knows that whatever Fergie does or says is first and foremost in the interest of looking after Manchester United, not Aston Villa.

some people just don't know when to call it quits, in my humble opinion...

the club has done the right thing. eck is gone within 24 hours of the season ending. wages appear to be under control. We have the whole summer to get a new manager in, do some rebuilding and get the squad motivated and playing the way it should.

i, for one, simply say thank you for having the balls to admitting that they have cocked up and for taking a step to make that cock up right - how many clubs have you seen the owner come out and say that to their fans?

as for the general owing anyone an apology - again utter tripe, in my humble opinion. his involvement on the site was always in a personal capacity. what he gave the fans was a channel of communication with RL and an insight into what he thought RL's vision and thinking was - that frankly i think is fairly unique. he did a lot of good by fixing the little things around the periphery that had nothing to do with footballing decisions - again something that appears to have been conveniently forgotten.

actually, in my opinion, it is a shame that this channel has been shut down.

Now, more than ever, is a time for us all to look forward, rather than looking backwards for cheap 'i told you so' shots...

UTV

and i think this is a great site trent, and a credit to you and all the other mods and administrators who keep it running when i'm sure there are times that you just want to pull your hair out...

As a matter of interest, I wonder who exactly RL and PF will use as "advisors". Are there such people - professional management advisors? or would they just do what they seemed to do last year and seek the council of the almighty Fergie - the same Fergie that sold us the Djemba twins for heaven knows how much money.

I do hope the first thing we do is offer the DF role to someone like Comolli and take things from there. At least that way we have someone who knows the game able to chip in at management meetings.

I think the title of the thread is tongue-in-cheek, I don't suppose an actual apology is being demanded.

That the General told informed us there were all these experts providing Randy with a flow of input and indepth knowledge, and that by extension we fans were being ignorant and/or emotional, is an issue to be discussed.

Who are these 'experts'? Are they still at the club and will they be offering their 'expert' opinions during the current hiring process? If so, don't be surprised to see Steve Bruce walking through those doors with a big cheesy grin on his fat face (no offence intended, Steve).

He doesn't need to apologize to anyone. Plenty of others on here annoy people with their views. Bring back the General I say. Clean slate and all that......unless Bruce or McCarthy get the job.:-D

• 3 weeks later...
He doesn't need to apologize to anyone. Plenty of others on here annoy people with their views. Bring back the General I say. Clean slate and all that......unless Bruce or McCarthy get the job.:-D
The General directly helped me. when I met him and Paul Faulkner afterwards, I personally thanked the General, he told me he was glad to have helped.

He was not a spin machine, but a helpful and enlightening link on here. I for one miss him and hope he returns.

Come back General Krulak !

Im sorry, but doing a runner when it got hot in the kitchen aint my kinda person.

Not even a goodbye.

better off without.

write a letter to the club if the pies are not hot enough or the speaker system does not work in the north stand - this was the only thing I saw addressed

or WRITE in capitals LIKE YOU CARE and remember.. Randy ALWAYS BACKS HIS MANAGERS. ETC ETC

He owes you no such apology. What did you expect him to say, that Randy had made a grave error and that he was a numpty for hiring AMC? He was doing his job, if you don't have the forsight to see that he was a PR man, then that is your problem, not his.

He spoke shite but he was in an untennable position, which is why eventualy he chose to leave and was never replaced by the club.

Â