General Krulak owes us an apology

TRS-T

McLeish and Krulak are gone now, lets get over it and move on.

This.... Krulak was an embarrassment to the club and insulted the fans but he is like the other one now history!

But least we forget , take a read of the Paddy thread and the part the General played in that

Give the guy a break

And let's move on

McLeish and Krulak are gone now, lets get over it and move on.

This.... Krulak was an embarrassment to the club and insulted the fans but he is like the other one now history!

But least we forget , take a read of the Paddy thread and the part the General played in that

Give the guy a break

And let's move on

Well said Cockneee barraboy ;-)

The vitriol on this thread is emmbarrasing. He stated his opinion on a manager. Fair enough if you want to give him a bit of banter but some of the talk directed at the guy on here is pathetic. I know a number of occasions he has done favours for fans.

Maybe slagging off a guy like the general online makes you feel a bit better about yourselves. Mcleish has gone, have to direct it at someone I guess.

The General owes no one an apology. He was simply stating his opinion, and we're all entitled to do that. He came on this site voluntarily, in an unpaid role, and I for one appreciated his dedication.

If he owes us an apology for giving us his opinions then I hope all the bed wetters, who hogged this site for the past couple of months telling us all why Villa were going to get relegated, come out and apologize for not keeping their glass half full, inferiority-complex-loser mentalities to themselves. If offering opinions is now not allowed, the drama queens should be the first to be lined up against the wall. Who would I want fighting beside me in battle, The General or The Bed Wetters? Give me General Krulak any day. No apology required when you've done absolutely nothing wrong.

Krulak knew absolutely nothing about British football or the culture surrounding it. He tried his best to be "one of the lads" on here but most of his comments were ill-informed and often plain embarassing.

At first, his walkabouts on matchdays and interaction with fans on Villatalk was a novelty. But lets face it, he was just a PR man who is now spouting the same "Proud History, Bright Future" guff at that University in America of which he is president.

To be honest i don't see what all the fuss is about. What was GK expected to say ? He was hardly likely to say "you're right, we have no idea what we're doing, and this appointment proves it" was he.

At the time i'm certain everyone involved with the decision saw merit in it, the fact it turned out to be a disaster was not an integral part of their plan, just as Houllier having heart trouble was not in the plan previously.

McLeish turning out to be shit proves nothing, except the board were naive, but one thing is for sure the board can't win with most fans. They had GK as a sort of conduit between the fans and the board, he communicated regularly with fans on several message boards, but then he is "just a mouthpiece' or "PR spinner", now he's gone the same people that drove him out complain that the club don't communicate, or connect to fans. Sometimes you get what you deserve, and a lot of people who've slapped themselves on the back in this thread should really move on and get behind the club.

Lerner has recognised the mistake. General Krulak is off in the deep south of the USA doing whatever it is he does there. "I told you so" is a bit childish I think - he's not here anymore and therefore I don't give a toss. I don't think any of us should anymore.

I liked having General Krulak around.

Agreed. He got caught up in his support of Randy and said things that turned out to be wrong but it doesn't mean he didn't care for Villa or want the best for the fans. (IMO)

Personally, he helped me out. So for this reason I am sad to have seen him gone. Admittedly I have read some of his replies and thought, mmm not great that. But at the end of the day it was just, maybe his opinion? We all suffer from foot in mouth syndrome sometimes when people piss us off? I regrett he is gone, It kind of made us unique as a club to have someone so high up in the hierachy in contact with the fans no? Lets face it, he got in more shit with randy over honest comments through the media than he deserved? I hope he makes an appearance again so some on here can swallow their pride and apologise to him for the vitriol they spouted towards him!

Krulak owes you nothing.

He gave his opinion. He does not need your approval for it nor need to apologise for it.

The constant bemoaning from posters on here drove him away from the site - and many of those responsible now want more communication from the club. Go figure.

Stupid, pointless topic! We don't need an apology. An apology isn't going to erase the last 11 months. We just need them to learn from this huge mistake and make sure that this sort of thing never happens again.

Â