Barton

ED

It's quite an easy thing to do without realising though. I notice when I spend any amount of time in Birmingham (I live in Warwickshire, but I've worked in Birmingham for 11 years) that I get a Brummie twang in my voice and I dont know I am doing it until somebody makes a comment about it. I would imagine it's the same if you move to anywhere with quite a strong regional accent, even if it is in non English speaking country.

It's quite an easy thing to do without realising though. I notice when I spend any amount of time in Birmingham (I live in Warwickshire, but I've worked in Birmingham for 11 years) that I get a Brummie twang in my voice and I dont know I am doing it until somebody makes a comment about it. I would imagine it's the same if you move to anywhere with quite a strong regional accent, even if it is in non English speaking country.

Not after a couple of months though.

A twang maybe, but this is way more than a twang.

• 4 months later...

Gotta love this comment from Thiago Silva:

"There is even a Marseille player, I can not remember his name, an Englishman, who has said bad things about Neymar, and Brazilian football, but also about Beckham and Ibra [ibrahimovic]. As no one is talking about him, it seems fun to him to criticise great players for people to know he exists.

Barton's respons:
"That the same p**** thats been injured all season. Another over rated Brazilian. Sort your hamstrings out FatBoy..."

article

Edited by tarjei

Â