Barton

ED

I think Barton's punishment is justified FWIW. People saying others wouldn't have gotten 12 games are probably right but that's because Barton has previous and Barton continually shows that he isn't learning. If you show 'form' then you will be dealt with; at best; with reducing leniency each time. Others are there to judge him. I bet everyone was glued to the telly that day and some will have had a giggle that they'd never admit to. Putting your head above the parapet and admitting that you like the anarchy in football is not the done thing on internet fora that are (as a medium) legendarily sanctimonious and hypocritical when they see the opportunity to be. As I said, I think Aguero will live a full and healthy life after his near-death experience. Whatever happens Barton will be deserved. But I and many others will be watching; popcorn in hand; for the next installment. I'll just be one of the ones who admits it :)

I like the anarchy in football, I welcome it. So much so I don't want goal line technology because I think all that debate and drama is part of the game, I love it when you get a two team brawl, I love it when you get managers going at it or someone does something they shouldn't.

I'm happy to admit that and happy to admit I was laughing as Barton went off his nut.

I don't though have sympathy for him, I don't like him, I don't think he should be in the game and I don't think HE is entertaining although I admit incidents like that are.

• 2 weeks later...

Breaking news on Sky Sports News that Barton has been involved in a fight outside a nightclub in Liverpook at 2am this morning. Two men have been arrested and it sounds like Barton was the one who was hit, he hasn't been arrested.

Nothing to suggest he is anything other than the victim at this stage but previous behaviour makes you wonder. It isn't the first time he has been in a fight in Liverpool on a night out and I can't help but think it is related to that previous incident in some way.

As for us potentially signing him, if we had I'd have stopped supporting the club while he was there.

he is utterly retarded if he thinks he can behave like that on a football pitch whilst making insulting comments to people on twitter and there not be any consequences...

i would walk around in fear of being hit on a night out if i was him...

and it appears somebody has duly obliged...

does not excuse the persons behaviour who hit him but its to be expected...

if ever there was a player who needs to move abroad to resurrect their career then its Joey Barton

This tweet made me smile:

Joey barton punched outside a nightclub in liverpool. Police are said to be treating the incident as hilarious.

Whatever issues this guy has going on inside, he should have got them sorted early on - had the potential to be one of the best.

If i did things he did id be sacked for gross miscondyuct and not be able to get 11million compensation. has a good agent ill give him that

I really don't think he did to be honest Julie, better than average certainly but one of the best? Not in my view, not even remotely close.

think if wasnt a word removed he could have had a better career and definitely added to his 1 England cap

I really don't think he did to be honest Julie, better than average certainly but one of the best? Not in my view, not even remotely close.

Agree with you Trent, never looked as talented as Ireland in that fairly average Man City side, would say he could have played for a top 8 team comfortably if he'd have kept his nose clean.

• 5 months later...
Â