Barton

ED

Barton is a disgrace. Balotelli is entertainment, he doesn't actually do anything that is that bad

didn't ballotelli stamp on Scott Parkers face ?

Tevez was smart to do that to Barton.

like he was smart to hold up a sign saying R.I.P Fergie :shock:

Tevez punched Barton and should have been sent off (along with Barton )... Bartons elbow was to the body , Tevez went down holding his face ... Tevez ought to be looking at a ban as well

I know Barton is a cock but the double standards at play here are quite unbelievable

My mistake, I never saw the punch. I watched the game live and I thought he gave him a small slap. If he really did punch him then yes Tevez also deserved a red but what Barton did was classless. Also I never said anything about that sign. That was just moronic.

I'm sorry. I find Barton entertaining. As a football fan I like to see what he gets up to. I wouldn't want him at Villa but I don't subscribe to the faux-outrage of most. He took a dig off Tevez so he elbowed him back. Oh the humanity! Hang him! I love seeing the bit of anarchy every now and again. His reaction to Aguero accidentally stepping back on his toe was at the point where he'd already lost it. Though I've heard Aguero is going to pull through and will be able to live a mostly normal life. Forgive me but I like the good and the bad of football.

This.

Barton is the panto villain of English football and the game would be a lot less interesting without him.

Agree with this, plus he has a decent taste in music.

If I were Joey Barton and I'd an inkling that there was a 12 match ban coming up, I'd have done Tevez good and proper and knocked his photoshopped head off! If ever there were someone who rivalled JB in the "unlikeable" stakes it's that tawt.

I hate modern football and most footballers. Anyone who does something a bit wacky isn't too bad in my book.

I prefer Balotelli to Barton however because Barton has that truly nasty streak within him.

Barton may well be "entertaining" as some people are suggesting. I am sure he would have had a great career as a prizefighter or a wrestler.

Entertaining or not, however, he has no place on a football pitch or in a premier league club and I truly hope this is the end of his career.

Thoroughly deserved fine and ban.

If anyone else did exactly what he did, it wouldnt even be close to 12 games.

I know he has done things in the past before this incident which may contributed to the severity but it is still excessive.

No it isn't excessive.

He was sent off for violent conduct and then was charged and found guilty of two further charges of violent conduct, one for kicking Aguero which he admitted and one for the attemtped headbut on Kompany which he denied. With the 3 different incidents wrapped into one then a 12 match ban is both justified and appropriate.

Oh and just to add, I'm sure that Barton had a suspended ban hanging over him from when he broke his team mates jaw. Perhaps that has come into play here as well.

How anyone can find a thug like Barton amusing is beyond me, this is a man who put a cigar out on a youth players face, a man he attacked a 15 year old kid who mocked him, who broke a team mates jaw.

He is a thug, a horrible thug and he shouldn't be playing the game at all in my view.

I fully expect QPR to terminate his contract in the next few days because Hughes just won't tolerate him.

QPR could get away with sacking him after his behaviour on the pitch as the perfect excuse. For the captain and i think highest paid player it was no way to act even Roy Keane or Vieira saw red they never lost it like that and try attack 2 opponents after

I missed the length of Tevez's ban for the initial punch on Barton. What was it again? I'm just joking, I know the scar-necked troll got off scot-free. As long as the only bad person in football gets loaded with penalties, everyone else is free to do what they want (especially to him). It's the lack of people questioning the Tevez incident that completely baffles me.

That would be a different thread and one I'd be happy to comment in saying that the conduct of Tevez should also be looked at, although I'd also post the footage available isn't really clear, the officials on the day missed it.

I don't think you will find anyone who will defend Tevez or say he isn't a word removed but this thread is about Joey Barton and his punishment.

You might be baffled at people not talking about Tevez but I find it equally baffling how anyone can defend Barton or describe him as entertaining or have anything even remotely close to sympathy for him.

To be fair, the people (me included) who have said it's entertaining have specifically said not the stuff like the cigar in the face and the off the pitch assault.

He is a scumbag, but people (not just him) fighting on the pitch is entertaining. Maybe not to some.

Â