Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Only 10 teams have a top scorer with more goals, Palace probably go over us if Zaha stays another season. Everton and West Ham top scorers have scored fewer than Gabby

Problem was anytime we had a striker Benteke, Yorke, Dublin they only really performed 3/4 seasons and moved on

10 teams is still half the league. 

Also, it took him nearly 350 games to score those goals. That's a goal every 4 or 5 games, which sucks for our 'best' goalscorer.

I agree Benteke would have broken it if he'd stayed, which is one of the reasons Watkins remains with us for a bit longer as he could maybe break the record in 2 or 3 year's. 

Edited by Rds1983

14 hours ago, Zatman said:

No he isnt

If he was a Villa fan he wouldn't have robbed the club for years. He was an Arsenal fan before and milked the club to its near death. An absolute scumbag

A bit of perspective needed maybe.

Gabby is a prat who let himself and us down, but he’s not a serial killer ffs. He wasn’t the root of all the club’s problems, he was a symptom of them.

And he never ever fails to get a rise from Leeds fans and Bluenoses 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

10 teams is still half the league. 

Also, it took him nearly 350 games to score those goals. That's a goal every 4 or 5 games, which sucks for our 'best' goalscorer.

I agree Benteke would have broken it if he'd stayed, which is one of the reasons Watkins remains with us for a bit longer as he could maybe break the record in 2 or 3 year's. 

Its all the clubs that ever played in the Premier League :P 

His record is shit but other teams are also not that high. Southampton and Leicester have higher scorers mainly because Le Tissier and Vardy for example had longevity

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Its all the clubs that ever played in the Premier League :P 

His record is shit but other teams are also not that high. Southampton and Leicester have higher scorers mainly because Le Tissier and Vardy for example had longevity

Would have been helpful if you'd specified that in the original post then.

simon-pegg-sod-off.gif

I guess when considering the last 30 years I don't want to align Villa with the other so, so clubs you mentioned and want us to be more noteworthy. 

• 2 months later...

Gabby was on TS earlier talking about before he was retiring he had offers from other clubs and even had from Solihull motors and that's when he said he would retire

He also said he wouldn't sign for blose even of they offered him 1m a week 😂

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Gabby was on TS earlier talking about before he was retiring he had offers from other clubs and even had from Solihull motors and that's when he said he would retire

He also said he wouldn't sign for blose even of they offered him 1m a week 😂

I take it they needed someone to clean their cars? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Gabby chatting crap about the “French lads” being the problem when we got relegated. Oh **** off. Always beating that drum. 

My days he is boring af with that shite! I know Garde failed with us, but he probably has more football knowledge in his little finger than Gabby and Richards combined.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

My days he is boring af with that shite! I know Garde failed with us, but he probably has more football knowledge in his little finger than Gabby and Richards combined.

Him, Lescott and Richards - some of the biggest wasters of our relegation year. He tried to claim that Sherwood wanted to sign Keane, Aaron Lennon. But yes. Blame the French eh, just pathetic xenophobic overtures. 

• Like 2

The whole squad that year was very unrelateable, I struggled to warm to the new guys that season too, but I think it’s fair to say that all of the players were contributing to our downfall that season and it wasn’t just the foreign signings 

2 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

People seem to forget, also, that a certain other "villa fan" currently playing at the Emptyhead, was also in the squad that got relegated and had discipline issues off the field that season. Another reason why I despise him. 

Like how he went crying to the media that Garde told him to stop smiling. He hardly endeared himself to the management either in a squad staring down the barrel of relegation. 

25 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

The whole squad that year was very unrelateable, I struggled to warm to the new guys that season too, but I think it’s fair to say that all of the players were contributing to our downfall that season and it wasn’t just the foreign signings 

The players that let us down the most were the local lads who should have know better in Lescott and Gabby , Grealish even Richards was born in Birmingham.

Edited by gwi1890
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

The players that let us down the most were the local lads who should have know better in Lescott and Gabby , Grealish even Richards was born in Birmingham.

And the baffling decisions Sherwood made - dropping Amavi and playing dross like Richardson. Giving too many games to crap like Bacuna. Making Richards captain was unforgivable. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Â