Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

1 hour ago, Genie said:

He should have left us when Mark Albrighton did and he might have pushed on with his career. 

Nah he was never good enough, even at his best he was never a top striker. Relied on his pace to make up for his lack of talent and football brain. 

• Like 1

im not sure how instagram works but part of his story or whatever bollocks it is came up showing he had run 5km in 24mins something earlier today

I'm quicker than that...

The park run by me on a saturday morning will be won by someone doing 5km in 16mins, i know long distance isn't his thing but come on thats really poor

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

im not sure how instagram works but part of his story or whatever bollocks it is came up showing he had run 5km in 24mins something earlier today

I'm quicker than that...

The park run by me on a saturday morning will be won by someone doing 5km in 16mins, i know long distance isn't his thing but come on thats really poor

He probably barely covered 5km in 90mins when playing, so I think 24mins is a good effort for him.

Seriously though, for a supposed "athlete" 24mins is crap for 5km.

Premier League players run on average 9km a game so 5km over 24 minutes really isnt that bad. I obviously expect he is very untrained when it comes to jogging compared to his positional running as a player

23 hours ago, villa89 said:

Nah he was never good enough, even at his best he was never a top striker. Relied on his pace to make up for his lack of talent and football brain. 

Not saying it would have turned him into a top striker but might have stopped him being a big, fat waste of space milking us of millions of pounds. He could have gone to a mid-table premier league side and scored 10-15 goals a season.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Not saying it would have turned him into a top striker but might have stopped him being a big, fat waste of space milking us of millions of pounds. He could have gone to a mid-table premier league side and scored 10-15 goals a season.

….Have you got the right bloke?

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, Zatman said:

Has said his love of Villa has stopped him signing for another English club

He never mentioned Scottish ! Reckoned he was going to speak to Rodgers after that friendly - I would have loved to have seen Rodgers expression 

22 hours ago, Zatman said:

Has said his love of Villa has stopped him signing for another English club

**** knows what he would have played like.....if he didn't like us.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dave J said:

He never mentioned Scottish ! Reckoned he was going to speak to Rodgers after that friendly - I would have loved to have seen Rodgers expression 

In a world of change there's something strangely soothing in seeing @Dave J commenting in the Gabby thread :)

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

You only have to watch this video to see where it all went wrong. He is pretty much the same age as Vardy, and I am not being funny but I genuinely think I am quicker and sharper than he is in that video.

like watching the HMS Queen Elizabeth  turn around.

• 2 weeks later...

So is it true I wonder that Gabby got in touch after he left and offered to play for us for free. He says he was in a dark place after he left and got his agent to get in touch with bruce to volunteer his services.

I myself can not understand why bruce wouldn't of took him up on this, I actually feel for Gabby, especially when it was at a time we needed a striker.

I'll be honest my feelings towards bruce has changed big time, how could anyone be like the way he has been towards our players, knowing we needed a striker and one of our own as well who offered his services as free.

I have deffo lost any of the respect I had for bruce that I had left, I bet gabby was heartbroken the way that he left our club.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/i-been-bad-place-gabby-15298250

Edited by Dave-R

44 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

So is it true I wonder that Gabby got in touch after he left and offered to play for us for free. He says he was in a dark place after he left and got his agent to get in touch with bruce to volunteer his services.

I myself can not understand why bruce wouldn't of took him up on this, I actually feel for Gabby, especially when it was at a time we needed a striker.

I'll be honest my feelings towards bruce has changed big time, how could anyone be like the way he has been towards our players, knowing we needed a striker and one of our own as well who offered his services as free.

I have deffo lost any of the respect I had for bruce that I had left, I bet gabby was heartbroken the way that he left our club.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/i-been-bad-place-gabby-15298250

If he was really serious about resurrecting his career with us he should have gone out on loan a year or two ago for a drop in wages, got himself fit, scored goals and forced his way back in.  He can't expect a club to just pay him a fortune for several years for bugger all output then expect us to take him back because he's feeling sorry for himself.

Â