Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Gabby could have been a much much better player for us. The trouble is his sole ambition in football was to play for Villa. Once he achieved that.....well the rest is history.

Having said that he scored some crucial goals for us over the years so thank you for them.

• Like 3

Having said that I loved the video, some great memories. You just wonder how MON's side did not achieve so much more.

• Like 2

Didn't hear a single person sing his name in the lap of appreciation. 

He looked a little tubby to me again, he's got no appetite for the game anymore. I think he will go straight to retirement. 

A very low key exit for someone who could have been a club legend. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Who mentioned just scoring goals with his head? I think he was decent in the air given he is not the biggest and wasn't actually seen as a central striker given he played over half his games for us out wide.

I have never ever got close to saying Gabby was a great goal scorer. No one in their right mind would claim that. He certainly found a number of goals at crucial times for us though.

I know you don't rate him mate which is fair enough. I'd hope you'd join the vast majority of us though in giving him a good send off before today's game.

I did.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Having said that I loved the video, some great memories. You just wonder how MON's side did not achieve so much more.

Because they didn't do much at home......lacked consistency.

we played a smash and grab style, that favoured away fixtures and didn't dominate possession at home.

it appealed to some fans and not others.

but in the whole scheme of things, we would swap the situation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Because we signed the ikes of Marlon Harewood and Emile Heskey when we were looking for an "edge" to push into the top 4.

• Like 3

He's been poor for quite some time now but in fairness to him, he did score some incredibly clutch goals at times. The winner against West Ham in 2011 and the goals against Norwich away in 2013 spring to mind, as do the late winners against SHA.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Wonder if he fancies a chance at owning us now? Probably got enough cash to clear the tax bill! 

What !!! Just when I thought it was over - you go and post this - what is a man to do ?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Wonder if he fancies a chance at owning us now? Probably got enough cash to clear the tax bill! 

Anyone ever had a player owner before?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

Anyone ever had a player owner before?

Harchester United when Casper Rose bought the club in the mid noughties. Though of course it was all kept under wraps. Good player too. May he rest in peace.

• Haha 2

Â