Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

43 minutes ago, roadoftrinity said:

I'm don't get all this hate, I'm completely indifferent to him, if he got back in the team and was scoring goals to win us games I'd be thinking he was great, however it's unlikely and I would be amazed if we see him even near the team again 

Exactly, this is the point, he is nowhere near the team, he would have to be in contention for the area we are most heavily stacked (Although AFCON is a consideration). It is like there is some petty vendetta, as some people have said "Even if he scored a hat trick" etc.

33 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

he might as well Sh@g a few more women (make them happy if he can) eat a few Kebabs (support the local business community) and drink a lot (so he can sleep well after) forgetting that he was a professional footballer picking up 60kaw

These are the comments which make it seem that some of you wish you could bang more women, eat more kebabs and drink more. lol. Scapegoat or jealousy?

WTF, most of these comments have absolutely nothing to even do with football anymore.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

These are the comments which make it seem that some of you wish you could bang more women, 

Without getting too personal, I am 100% happy and 100% committed to my girlfriend.

(The slappers Gaby sh@gs more than likely wouldnt "do it for me anyway" I need to discuss Quantum physics before, during and after)

eat more kebabs and drink more. 

I eat healthy and dont and never have drank Beer or spirits (a nip on a good dry red wine I regard as an integral part of a meal)

lol. Scapegoat or jealousy?

WTF, most of these comments have absolutely nothing to even do with football anymore.

How could I be jealous of such a loser in life?

I live a very satisfying life, I have love, health, love my job, love my Friends, Music, Golf and football.

I wouldnt dream of swapping all that for Gaby's life and 60kpw

and fwiw I think supporting or idolising a failure/flop/loser is pretty poor form regardless of how much money he earns, women he sh@gs, Kebabs, shisha and alcohol he drinks.

Shouldnt be anywhere near the team

shouldnt be considered for the team hes had many chances over the last few years . And has shown the club such massive disrespect . hes time is over and it should stay over

42 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Exactly, this is the point, he is nowhere near the team, he would have to be in contention for the area we are most heavily stacked (Although AFCON is a consideration). It is like there is some petty vendetta, as some people have said "Even if he scored a hat trick" etc.

These are the comments which make it seem that some of you wish you could bang more women, eat more kebabs and drink more. lol. Scapegoat or jealousy?

I've never ever been personal towards him and never will be  - I have no hint of jealousy about him either - quite simply JV he's not good enough at being a professional footballer to represent Aston Vila IMO

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Dave J said:

I've never ever been personal towards him and never will be  - I have no hint of jealousy about him either - quite simply JV he's not good enough at being a professional footballer to represent Aston Vila IMO

And Jack Grealish is?

42 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

A boy from Erdington who has played over 350 times for his boyhood club, who has played for England, with 85 goals behind him, who has earned millions and millions of pounds, has a happy family life, with children he sees and has relationships with that he clearly enjoys, driving a beautiful car, living in a beautiful house, travelling as, when and where he likes and with friends he seems to be comfortable and happy around.

From a footballing point of view, the last few years have been crap for him, but in fairness, if that's being a loser, put me down for a couple of slices.

And professional pride - where would you count this in your priority list?

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Sure, some people are Gabby 'fans'. Most fans make emotional connections with certain players, that sometimes defy rational analysis. Gabby was the cause of a lot of highs, though sadly they are nearly all a long time ago now.

Nowadays, most fans think he's a waste of money and a waste of space. It's hard to disagree. But I'm at a loss why the 95% of fans who feel that he's useless feel the need to browbeat the last 5% into submission as if they were committing some kind of crime. I don't agree with @JAMAICAN-VILLAN's analysis of Gabby, but I certainly don't get why people feel so offended that he has the opinion he has. 

Not offended. Bemused, yes, but not offended. 

44 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Sorry, yes, I wasn't specifically meaning that you were. I shouldn't really have framed that post as a reply to you. 

no worries bud. :-)

Going to add that I have previously said that I respect JV for sticking to his guns and supporting Gabby, even though I don't agree with him. 

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

A boy from Erdington who has played over 350 times for his boyhood club, who has played for England, with 85 goals behind him, who has earned millions and millions of pounds, has a happy family life, with children he sees and has relationships with that he clearly enjoys, driving a beautiful car, living in a beautiful house, travelling as, when and where he likes and with friends he seems to be comfortable and happy around.

From a footballing point of view, the last few years have been crap for him, but in fairness, if that's being a loser, put me down for a couple of slices.

:cheers:

Thank you for so eloquently saying what I could/can no longer be bothered saying. Makes no difference though.

9 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Loser in terms of how he could have had all of that, AND also had the adoration of Villa fans in the same way as God, Laursen, Morley, Withe etc. He could have played regularly for England, he could have been a respected footballer, a one club man in the mould of a Shearer who the footballing world in general held up as an example. 

Instead, he is a laughing stock throughout football. Sadly, he wont be remembered for the good times, the 85 goals (ish), the decent premiership runs, he will be remembered as the money grabbing leach who got sent to fat camp twice in a season, who couldn't get into one of the worst sides to disgrace themselves in the premiership ever. 

So yes, LOSER

As far as I am concerned, personal and professional pride is as important as money and wealth. I would always want to give my best - especially if people who were saving their hard-earned cash all week and relying on me to give them something to cheer on. 

But then I have these things called moral standards, that I try to live my life by. And by that I mean if someone is paying me to a job, I will do that job to the best of my ability. If things are going badly, I will put extra effort in to fix it.

The money and wealth will disappear given the hangers on that he has around him (many ex pro footballers have gone bankrupt). Then what will he have?

6 hours ago, villa89 said:

A long, long way behind the millions of pounds. 

And there you have the problem with the professional footballer. And yet, people still seem to idolise even the rubbish ones ;-)

Edited by TheStagMan

Gestede

RMC

Kozak

Grealish 

RHM

Green

+ January additions. 

+ Pissed off chairman.

Even the African cup of nations won't be enough to see Gabby back in team, he's done here. 

Â