Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

If Bruce wants to use him then fair enough...but why is he now on a programme?

You would have thought he would have been busting his balls for the past few months already....guess not.

Defies belief doesn't it.

When you're a professional athlete, not being fit enough to do your job, unless you're coming back from injury, should be enough to terminate a contract. Literally all he's had to do for months is train and stay fit.

Obviously there's a difference between normal fitness and being 'match fit' and players that have been out of the loop need easing in a little, but him needing a fitness programme should be ringing alarm bells.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

Just now, Davkaus said:

Defies belief doesn't it.

When you're a professional athlete, not being fit enough to do your job, unless you're coming back from injury, should be enough to terminate a contract. Literally all he's had to do for months is train and stay fit.

True motivation can only come within. Gabby has let himself down again.
We are not going to shift him so in my opinion, if needed we should use the word removed.

....but once again he could have spent the past few months getting really into shape, to seize his chance...and again he is just going to be playing catch up.

For **** sake Gabby, what a clown.

• Like 1

Posted this in the fitness thread but it's probably best here thinking about it:

Once again though, why is he in such a state as described by Bruce.  He needs a 6 week intensive course?!?!?

He was obviously around the plans in pre season as he got some game time, there was the talk of somekind of offer being made to him, so what exactly has he been up to and who has allowed him to continue last years spiral?

At the end of the day if we had a striker crisis anytime between the start of the season and now we may have been forced to use him so why is he not ready to go?  He's still been taking his obscene wage packet each month I assume?

You see some players who are out of contract training with clubs just to ensure they are in peak condition, they have desire, OK you can argue it's because they are out of contract and want one but I still have respect for them in wanting a contract and doing something to try and earn one.

Gabby has obviously had no desire at all to keep in shape just in case called upon which leads me to question if his attitude really, really will ever be right.  

If I had been him the last few months and really wanted to play for MY club that I supposedly support and are paying huge amounts of money to me for my outrageously wealthy lifestyle I would have been busting a gut training with the team if allowed or on my own around the place / with the youth team to show the manager I really meant what I said and really did want to get myself back.   Our Gabs has clearly been doing none of this.

• Like 1

Been fully against Gabby playing for us again before Bruce came into the scene. However i feel Bruce is going to try and get the best out of him, which IMO could either go two ways...

a -  Bruce is a man manager, it could go really well and kick start his villa career for a few years... Look at gardners performance v Reading

b -  He plays really sh*ite and he isn't interested, meaning he will never play for us again and will receive vast amount of abuse from us :huh:

Sort of a no lose situation?

• Like 3

Surely there is nothing new to say on Gabby?

The only hope he has of even getting close to improving the way he is viewed is on the pitch and even then there is only so much scope for improvement and it is limited to how many will even then alter their views.

Until and unless that happens there is nothing left to say about him and far more important things to discuss and players for the cause.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Well given Bruce is putting him on this programme it seems clear to me he wants to use him and get him match fit as soon as possible so yes he'll be playinf for us before xmas I reckon and creating all the usual debates on here.

Thread to reach 1000 pages? :huh:

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Well given Bruce is putting him on this programme it seems clear to me he wants to use him and get him match fit as soon as possible so yes he'll be playinf for us before xmas I reckon and creating all the usual debates on here.

I don't think that makes it clear that he wants to use him, necessarily.  I think it makes it clear that he wants this club to have the best possible Gabby, given that we pay him a bloody fortune.  If after all of that he somehow finds himself anywhere near the matchday squad (which I seriously doubt) then great.  But putting a fat mess on a fitness programme just makes sense.  It's not a commitment to use whatever waddles in the door afterwards.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BOF said:

I don't think that makes it clear that he wants to use him, necessarily.  I think it makes it clear that he wants this club to have the best possible Gabby, given that we pay him a bloody fortune.  If after all of that he somehow finds himself anywhere near the matchday squad (which I seriously doubt) then great.  But putting a fat mess on a fitness programme just makes sense.  It's not a commitment to use whatever waddles in the door afterwards.

Steve Bruce is a honest man so I reckon he'd have said he'd have used Gabby as a last resort but I'm open to offers for him in January if that was the case BOF.

If Gabby keeps turning them down like the Reading loan deal then I think Bruce would have a sterner word in his ear than RDM.

I think we'll see Gabby again before xmas.

The most interesting thing is we don't need him anymore...for the 3 forward positions we have about 7 players I'd rather see in those areas than Gabby so he'll need to be pretty good in the games he actually plays if he wants a future here for the second half of the season.

13 minutes ago, BOF said:

It's also a pretty smart way of avoiding distruptions and press questions....

• Like 2

People say Gabby has a negative impact, but i think our obsession with him is part of the problem. I agree with @TrentVilla. Bruce is just managing a difficult situation by saying the slate has been wiped clean - Gets the press off his back and perhaps helps overcome a bit of disharmony in the camp.  We are all in this together kind of thing.  The problem is, Gabby is now  all over twitter and Villa fans are suddenly making negative comments about him, instead of focusing on our win and our up and coming game.  i think we should Stop!  Gabby is irrelevant right now. He is a million miles away from playing and don't see him getting close any time soon.  Lets worry about Gabby whenever the prospect of him playing becomes a reality - if it ever does. 

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Not you though. You cant be on suicide watch as you have a tailored fitness programme at Bodymoor Heath so you can have another chance in the first team. 

yes... Let the hate flow through you - yes... Let the hate flow through you  Emperor Palpatine

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I guess he remembers gabby of old the one that use to terrorise blose, Brucie that one retired a long time ago. This ones slow, over weight and a lazy oaf

Good thing he is the manager, and will see first hand whether this is true or not.

If he isn't good enough, he won't play.

I am convinced that with some of you, so childish is the vendetta that if during AFCON he was on the bench, and all our remaining strikers were injured would rather have Didier Agathe come on.

Probably boo him if he scores.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Â