Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

• 1 month later...

'playing for another team or playing against Aston Villa...'

He doesn't give two shits about Aston Villa and that is honest truth.He is retiring because he wasn't offered a contract by any Midlands based club.

Edited by rodders0223

He is entitled to make his retirement statement to make himself feel better....We are entitled to make our own opinion of it all, to make ourselves feel better.

sadly for him ,I would have agreed with the little Gabby at school, I would have laughed too.

58 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

'playing for another team or playing against Aston Villa...'

He doesn't give two shits about Aston Villa and that is honest truth.He is retiring because he wasn't offered a contract by any Midlands based club.

It's a shame. He might have hated it, but I'd have loved for the lazy word removed to play against us. 

I liked Gabby.

He was so quick back in the day, really exciting player to watch running the channels.

Never reached the heights he maybe could have in 08/09, but for a time he was good.

Not bothered about him taking a contract and the money, that's the club's problem, not mine.

• Like 1

From the start of the 2015/16 season we have paid him roughly 4 grand per minute of football he managed since then or nearly 1 million pounds per goal/assist.

Ha had great potential at one point but never really progressed at all.

He was good for about 3 years out of a 13 year career and should have been sold/let go years ago.

Much like Villa as a whole there were some great moments in there but ultimately it's mostly shite & disappointment.

Give it 5 years and he'll be picking you up in his minicab if all the cars aren't self driving by then

Edited by LakotaDakota

still think we as a club and various managers / coaches mis managed him badly, both in what we asked him to do, how we played, how we paid and how we kept him

he was class for a couple of years, to the extent where i thought he should have had a run in the england team (but i think maybe he got injured and missed a squad?) then he got too big, then he got overweight, then he just couldnt stay fit, the laziness came in somewhere and how much you like / dislike him is probably down to which stage of his decline it came in, its the fault of whoever's idea it was for him to bulk up

1st half of his career was exciting, lightning quick, some really important goals in some brilliant wins, 2nd half of his career is a car crash of lacklustre tepid performances - he really was Mr Aston Villa, he sums us up over his career span, his decline times perfectly with ours

we were dicking liverpool right up until he went over the advertising boards and had to go off injured, 2-0 up and ended up drawing (maybe even losing?) that was the last time i really enjoyed watching him play

I was there at his debut and was so excited by him and was saying to all my mates he was the new Owen etc ..... did ok overal. and you have to take into consideration circumstances between the two halves of his career (post O’Neil) ..  I guess he should ultimately IMO should go down in folklore  as a Villa cult HERO for the good times but rightfully remembered for also not fulfilling his true potential to become a great / legend. Good luck and I hope ( if he deserves on merit )  he can find some role within the club which he obviously loves so dear. Cheers for the good times but can’t forget the bad ...6/10 player at best overall . 

Edited by thabucks

Don't let the door kick you on the way out. He had the keys to the kingdom and **** it up because he didn't give a shit. 

As for "not wanting to play against Villa" - that just highlights his stupidity or heightened levels of self importance. 

Just a split second of panic there as I saw the first new post on this thread was a picture of Gabby holding up a shirt and for one brief second feared we'd brought him back.

• Haha 1

Â