Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

If he was really serious about resurrecting his career with us he should have gone out on loan a year or two ago for a drop in wages, got himself fit, scored goals and forced his way back in.  He can't expect a club to just pay him a fortune for several years for bugger all output then expect us to take him back because he's feeling sorry for himself.

While I do understand where you are coming from, this is also the sort of behaviour that bruce displayed and other managers before him that put players out in the cold. Let's be honest shall we we have had no end of managers that have had there favourites and because of that type of behaviour there have been many players who's careers have suffered because of it which led to the state of our team struggling.

Hopefully though those days of players feeling like they can't break through and get first team football are at an end. Players should be able to put time in and be rewarded for it, just a shame it took so damn long for things to change, a dip in form is not an excuse to alienate anyone.

The more that players do speak up, the more it does look like bruce was a complete A hole behind close doors to the players, wonder if it was more shut up than respect towards bruce. Bruce did learn alot from Fergie, no doubt he too learned to instil fear in training, changing rooms, that fergie was known for .

8 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

While I do understand where you are coming from, this is also the sort of behaviour that bruce displayed and other managers before him that put players out in the cold. Let's be honest shall we we have had no end of managers that have had there favourites and because of that type of behaviour there have been many players who's careers have suffered because of it which led to the state of our team struggling.

Hopefully though those days of players feeling like they can't break through and get first team football are at an end. Players should be able to put time in and be rewarded for it, just a shame it took so damn long for things to change, a dip in form is not an excuse to alienate anyone.

The more that players do speak up, the more it does look like bruce was a complete A hole behind close doors to the players, wonder if it was more shut up than respect towards bruce. Bruce did learn alot from Fergie, no doubt he too learned to instil fear in training, changing rooms, that fergie was known for .

In fairness Bruce brought Gabby out of the cold and nobody on here wanted him back and think Bruce started him in his first game . He also surprisingly got decent performances from him but his legs are gone and he hasnt been fit for nearly a season

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Gabby only has himself to blame, he was never fit. Bruce definitely didn’t ostracise him, if anything he gave him more chances than he deserved. 

A lot of the players, have shown that they were gutted when Bruce left, so I’m not sure where you are picking up the A hole stuff. Yes maybe the likes of Hogan and MCCormak (who had/has a lot of issues) May have slated Bruce but very few others have. 

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

In fairness Bruce brought Gabby out of the cold and nobody on here wanted him back and think Bruce started him in his first game . He also surprisingly got decent performances from him but his legs are gone and he hasnt been fit for nearly a season

Got decent performances out of him?!

Gabby should have been one of the best strikers in this league. Bruce rightly gave him an opportunity, but could get little if anything out of him and ended up putting him back on the shelf. If we had a manager like Pulis or Allardyce who could actually get the best out of a player like Gabby it would have turned out a lot differently for him.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I myself can not understand why bruce wouldn't of took him up on this, I actually feel for Gabby, especially when it was at a time we needed a striker.

It's probably because Gabby Agbonlahor is shit at football.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I have deffo lost any of the respect I had for bruce that I had left, I bet gabby was heartbroken the way that he left our club.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/i-been-bad-place-gabby-15298250

I was heartbroken with the way he treated the club.

How can anyone feel sorry for a professional football who played for his boyhood club yet went missing in the season they were relegated?

Look at the state of him during our relegation season. This guy was being paid £50,000 per week at the time the club needed him the most.

Stoke-City-v-Aston-Villa-Premier-League

On 19/10/2018 at 12:19, wilko154 said:

I was heartbroken with the way he treated the club.

How can anyone feel sorry for a professional football who played for his boyhood club yet went missing in the season they were relegated?

Look at the state of him during our relegation season. This guy was being paid £50,000 per week at the time the club needed him the most.

Stoke-City-v-Aston-Villa-Premier-League

He does look high doesn't he, but pics can be deceiving, I myself do not look rite on pics, can't stand them myself lol.

Well it is the life isn't it, footballers come in and we the fans expect so much but the money, the fame ends up destroying some footballers to a point we criticize as soon they do something wrong. Sure it's always easy for us to sit there and say they were on X amount, always bringing the money they are on into it and never thinking about how vulnerable a person can really be, me losing my mum over a month ago has been an eye opener in how some of us can bottle things up and it goes unoticed. I am curious as well as to how many bruce did alienate, because it certainly isn't just gabby that went through it, as someone else pointed out bruce just didn't know how to get the best out of players, come to think of it we have had far to many managers like that who let good talent go to crap.

23 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I am curious as well as to how many bruce did alienate, because it certainly isn't just gabby that went through it, as someone else pointed out bruce just didn't know how to get the best out of players, come to think of it we have had far to many managers like that who let good talent go to crap.

Where are you getting it from that gabby was alienated? Every report I’ve seen, indicates that bruce really wanted gabby to be part of his squad. Gabby could never get himself fully fit. 

On 19/10/2018 at 04:38, Michael118 said:

Gabby should have been one of the best strikers in this league. Bruce rightly gave him an opportunity, but could get little if anything out of him and ended up putting him back on the shelf. If we had a manager like Pulis or Allardyce who could actually get the best out of a player like Gabby it would have turned out a lot differently for him.

I'm afraid this was never going to happen - Gabby has been a spent force ( not that there was ever much to start with) for a long time. He had a free ride for way too long imo and actually was given opportunities that he did not warrant - he became way too comfortable and I think he began to believe  he was beyond dropping by a number of managers - despite absolutely stinking the place out with his performances. If he was bothered he could have gone out to someone on loan and try to help himself.

No thanks Gabby - I'd prefer to see a half decent kid from the holte given a chance.

Edited by Dave J

10 hours ago, Dave-R said:

He does look high doesn't he, but pics can be deceiving, I myself do not look rite on pics, can't stand them myself lol.

Well it is the life isn't it, footballers come in and we the fans expect so much but the money, the fame ends up destroying some footballers to a point we criticize as soon they do something wrong. Sure it's always easy for us to sit there and say they were on X amount, always bringing the money they are on into it and never thinking about how vulnerable a person can really be, me losing my mum over a month ago has been an eye opener in how some of us can bottle things up and it goes unoticed. I am curious as well as to how many bruce did alienate, because it certainly isn't just gabby that went through it, as someone else pointed out bruce just didn't know how to get the best out of players, come to think of it we have had far to many managers like that who let good talent go to crap.

Unfortunately Gabby gave up on Villa a few seasons before Bruce came in.

Sorry to hear about your mum mate.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

32 without a club. It's kind of surprising that not one championship took a chance on him or even offered him a trial. 

Who is to say they didn't. He doesn't strike me as someone desperate to prove himself.

10 minutes ago, turvontour said:

He's no longer with the club though right? So has he retired? Still quite young id have thought.

Released in the summer, said at the time I think he will retire. He isn't interested in football.

5 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

32 without a club. It's kind of surprising that not one championship took a chance on him or even offered him a trial. 

He said he couldn't play for another English club 😂

Â