Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

On 12/6/2017 at 10:59, Dante_Lockhart said:

As soon as MON got him to bulk up to add the whole 'hold up the ball' bit to his game he's not been the same. Ruined him.

Wasn't that under Houllier? He was still decent in MON's last season. Indeed think that was his best goalscoring season for us.

Houllier didn't rate him and wanted to move him on (still got a new 5 year deal under his watch, must've been a Lerner decision).

He a decent start to the McLeish season but didn't score a goal in the second half of the season and failed to step up when Bent got injured.

Lambert got spells of good form out of him but think that was when he settled into the score 5 goals a season and not do much else mindset.

Giving him that 4 year deal in September 2014 was a heads gone decision. I defended him a lot on this forum during that time but even then I could tell he was starting to fade as a serious force for us. I think the last three years have proven that.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2017 at 10:24, Demitri_C said:

Interesting comments from Bruce today about gabby playing for a new contract. I am sure this us a motivating tool to help he score some goals. Surely Bruce us t stupid enough to offer him a new deal with his past history, lack of goals and injury record?

IMO if it even came to that Xia would overrule SB as there's no way Gabby gets a new contract as he can't even play a couple of games without getting injured these days.

I remember a tweet from Xia when Bruce came in and gave Gabby another chance after his RDM exile saying Gabby was very lucky to get another chance here.

Don't think this ownership will sanction sentimental contract extensions somehow.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought he did alright - he won lots of balls in the air and he bustled around - it's not Maradona vs Belgium in '86, but it's a start. He was a damn sight better than the fella that came on with him.

I sense that there will not be a huge amount of disappointment in him having picked up a knock in the last couple of minutes.

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

That this word removed still plays for us is the most embarrassing thing of all 

Not our team performances, results, or table position, but this?

Waiting for the "Worst performance i've ever seen from any football player since the beginning of football itself". lol

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I thought he did alright - he won lots of balls in the air and he bustled around - it's not Maradona vs Belgium in '86, but it's a start. He was a damn sight better than the fella that came on with him.

I sense that there will not be a huge amount of disappointment in him having picked up a knock in the last couple of minutes.

Safest place to be at present......away from the firing line.

19 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not our team performances, results, or table position, but this?

Waiting for the "Worst performance i've ever seen from any football player since the beginning of football itself". lol

Could not agree more JV 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Looked marginally better than Hogan. That’s about as positive as I can be. 

The difference being Hogan can and will get better- regardless of whichever club he is at- meanwhile you know who - is a case of what you see is what you get. 

Â