Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

15 hours ago, DK82 said:

Although we were drawing at the time, unless they went 2-1 up and then had it deducted? A new rule perhaps, or clutching at straws to praise a player. 

He means it as in we were getting battered, which we were. It wouldn't have been a surprise if they nicked it, but Gabby came on and they sat deeper and lost control. 

Gabby scoring against the Blose must have felt like winning the lottery.

He must have been convinced he was 100% going in the summer but after that goal he probably think he has a shot at a new 5 year deal.

Please god no

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

So Gabby is thinking of going into coaching when he retires. Having heard him in interviews, I'm not really sure how that would end up... 

Well i don't really see him on the after dinner speakers' circuit, recalling witty stories and having the audience hanging on his..every...erm....word.

I fink not :D

Oh yes on Saturday he was back alright, back to the half arsed effort (not unlike most of his team mates tbf) and not offering any hope for a long term positive addition to the 1st team squad.

All I see now is someone doing very little for the club but taking up a bench place that should be given to RHM for him to grow into being a 1st team squad member

• Like 2

His body can't hack regular football anymore.

Was overplayed in the MON era and is now paying the price especially with his unprofessional ism off the pitch.

Just more evidence that any new contract offer would be lunacy. 

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

His body can't hack regular football anymore.

Was overplayed in the MON era and is now paying the price especially with his unprofessional ism off the pitch.

Just more evidence that any new contract offer would be lunacy. 

You could be right about him being overplayed in his early days (he was almost never injured in his first 5 or so years) but how do you know it's his unprofessional behaviour off the pitch that's now the cause of his injuries? It's almost like you've just made that up and passed it off as fact. Players who reply on their pace are always susceptible to injuries and I don't see Gabby any different, and I certainly don't see it as being something sinister either.  

On 26/04/2017 at 15:07, mottaloo said:

Well i don't really see him on the after dinner speakers' circuit, recalling witty stories and having the audience hanging on his..every...erm....word.

I fink not :D

Well if he's been clever with his money he won't need to endure the after dinner circuit in an attempt to earn a few quid. I'd say he's more clever than people think, he comes from a high achieving family who all see to have their heads screwed on. 

Edited by avfc1982
Grammar

12 minutes ago, avfc1982 said:

You could be right about him being overplayed in his early days (he was almost never injured in his first 5 or so years) but how do you know it's his unprofessional behaviour off the pitch that's now the cause of his injuries? It's almost like you've just made that up and passed it off as fact. Players who reply on their pace are always susceptible to injuries and I don't see Gabby any different, and I certainly don't see it as being something sinister either.  

You're right it was a bit of a throwaway comment but do you really think he's showing the dedication you need off the pitch compared to his early days.

Bit like Hendrie being washed up as a top flight player by the age of 30 while Barry is still going strong at 36, not hard to imagine how looks after themselves a little better in their downtime.

12 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

You're right it was a bit of a throwaway comment but do you really think he's showing the dedication you need off the pitch compared to his early days.

Bit like Hendrie being washed up as a top flight player by the age of 30 while Barry is still going strong at 36, not hard to imagine how looks after themselves a little better in their downtime.

I agree with the Barry/Hendrie comparison but I think it's a little different with Gabby. From 2010 the club was run by incompetents who couldn't run a bath and I think Gabby needed guidance and Man management, and without that he floundered. I genuinely think he's attitude is right now though, but the injuries have interrupted his return. 

All this talk of new contracts just doesn't add up though, he's not gonna be offered anything till at least Dec/January (if at all). He's still got 12 months of a lucrative contract to see out, so he's here till next year whatever happens. The Gabby thing confuses me anyway. On here all he seems to get is grief, yet when he plays he gets a tremendous welcome from the masses. 

12 hours ago, avfc1982 said:

The Gabby thing confuses me anyway. On here all he seems to get is grief, yet when he plays he gets a tremendous welcome from the masses. 

That's because VT or any other villa forum is a tiny fraction of the overall support base, and tends to be the more lets say 'committed' fans. Believe or not there are probably plenty of fans who turn up on match day and don't think that much about the club until the next game.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Posted a picture on instagram of him in a gym stating pre-season starts here and a picture of him appearing to be doing warm weather training in a desert.

20 goals next season, nailed on.

20 goals?

... I was certain we stayed up this season. :huh:

On 5/7/2017 at 12:48, rodders0223 said:

It is probably down to the same reason Rudy used to get an incredible reception when he came on. I still don't know what that reason was, mind you.

Right, because Rudy and Gabby hold the same amount of value and sentiment with Villa fans.

:rolleyes:

Â