Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

9 hours ago, villa89 said:

How could anyone be confident of that? There's absolutely no evidence to support that opinion and plenty of contrary evidence.

If players like Cameron Jerome can score 16 and Glen Murray can score 23 in this division then Agbonalahor is capable of scoring 20 easily.

10 hours ago, Dave J said:

On what basis do you think he is capable of scoring 20 goals a season - he is not a natural goal scorer so regardless of the division he plays in will struggle to find the back of the net imo - I think his best yield was 15 some years back  - not exactly statistics that inspire - would you say?

That was in the Premier League though. 

He has spent a lot of time playing as a winger and wide forward for us as well.

If you compare his stats with Cameron Jerome who scored 16 this season - Jerome's best return in the Premier League was 11 back in 09/10. The same season Gabby scored 13.

Edited by Michael118

3 hours ago, Michael118 said:

That was in the Premier League though. 

He has spent a lot of time playing as a winger and wide forward for us as well.

If you compare his stats with Cameron Jerome who scored 16 this season - Jerome's best return in the Premier League was 11 back in 09/10. The same season Gabby scored 13.

Cameron Jerome is not a yardstick that I would choose to use to support any debate on goal scoring- in my view if your not a natural goal scorer - your not a natural goal scorer and I don't think Gabby is.

sIn his hey day 10/13 goal a season man. But that is a long time gone. Jerome is about the same age but stills scores goals so is now better than Gabby. 

Edited by PaulC

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

sIn his hey day 10/13 goal a season man. But that is a long time gone. Jerome is about the same age but stills scores goals so is now better than Gabby. 

The statistics speak for themselves, but God, when you word it like that it really hits home. A sorry state of affairs.

11 hours ago, Michael118 said:

If players like Cameron Jerome can score 16 and Glen Murray can score 23 in this division then Agbonalahor is capable of scoring 20 easily.

How you can rate Agbonlahor alongside Glenn Murray is one step beyond me - with the very greatest of respect to you

Just now, Supervillan78 said:

Gabby made 13 appearances this season and scored 1 goal in the championship. Kozak (who is universally derided by some) in his first season in English football scored 4 goals in 14 against arguably better defences.

Arguably?

17 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Arguably?

Well, when you say it like that... its clearly not. lol

Interestingly Gabby also got 4 goals that season...from 31. (although Kozak actually made 15 appearences)

The point is that Gabby is (sadly) incapable of scoring 20 goals in a season.

19 hours ago, skarroki said:

No one player has scored 20 goals in a season under either Pulis or Allardyce in their entire careers as managers throughout English football. How deluded do you have to be to think Agbonlahor would be the man to change that???

sure in his peak 10 years ago Gabby never got near 20 league goals a season

46 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

Well, when you say it like that... its clearly not. lol

Interestingly Gabby also got 4 goals that season...from 31. (although Kozak actually made 15 appearences)

The point is that Gabby is (sadly) incapable of scoring 20 goals in a season.

Yep!!

15 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Is Cameron Jerome actually as crap as I've seen him get credit for on here? Whenever i've seen him against us, he seems to cause problems. lol

10 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is Cameron Jerome actually as crap as I've seen him get credit for on here? Whenever i've seen him against us, he seems to cause problems. lol

I've never rated him personally and always thought Gabby was a far better player. But he's still scoring goals and showing he can be effective at this level at least.

Edited by Michael118
  • Like 1

Cameron Jerome

33 goals in 211 Premier League appearances  (0.15 goals per game)

74 goals in 236 Championship appearances (0.31 goals per game)

Glenn Murray

11 goals in 52 Premier League appearances (0.21 goals per game)

81 goals in 164 Championship appearances (0.49 goals per game)

Gabriel Agbonlahor 

73 goals in 322 Premier League appearances. (0.22 goals per game)

Gabby's goals per game ratio in the Premier League is better than both Murray's and Jerome's. Jerome's record is roughly double in the Championship compared to the Premier League and Murray's is similar. If you apply the same logic to Gabby his ratio would be 0.44 which over a season equals 20.24 goals.

Edited by Michael118
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Cameron Jerome

33 goals in 211 Premier League appearances  (0.15 goals per game)

74 goals in 236 Championship appearances (0.31 goals per game)

Glenn Murray

11 goals in 52 Premier League appearances (0.21 goals per game)

81 goals in 164 Championship appearances (0.49 goals per game)

Gabriel Agbonlahor 

73 goals in 322 Premier League appearances. (0.22 goals per game)

Gabby's goals per game ratio in the Premier League is better than both Murray's and Jerome's. Jerome's record is roughly double in the Championship compared to the Premier League and Murray's is similar. If you apply the same logic to Gabby his ratio would be 0.44 which over a season equals 20.24 goals.

Gabby would have played more seasons with better service than those two to be fair. He had Young Milner and Downing providing balls for him for a couple of seasons. The other two would more or less have played in struggling teams any time that they were in the PL.

Just for balance, can you please add Gabby's ratio for the Championship taking into account the actual stats as opposed to the one where you've applied your ever so slightly flawed logic?

Edited by sparrow1988
Didn't read full post that I was replying too.

7 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Just for balance, can you please add Gabby's ratio for the Championship as well?

There's a reason he deliberately left it out...

Edited by villa89

Â