Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

25 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

its not ok, for anyone to toss it off with regards their jobs imo. We all do of course but what a different world we'd live in if everyone gave their all. 

I couldn't give a **** what gabby does as long as he's banging in the goals for villa. That's his job. That's what he is paid to do. And he's failed beyond belief.

If I was to fail on the same monumental scale that gabby has failed on then I would be sacked. Not only that, but the failings of me potentially could have a catastrophic effect on the public. And the public would want answers.

Yet there's times I toss it off. I'm tossing it off now. BUT, my performance is NOT being effected. Now, my role today is not as difficult as scoring goals in the premier league but it's as/If not more important. And despite tossing it off, I'm performing it.

Gabby isn't and hasn't for ages. 

THAT is the difference.

Speak for yourself lazy arse.

The very minimum you would expect from any MAN that is doing a paid job ( any job ) is that he at the very least does the job he is paid to do.I would expect a cleaner to clean, I would expect the bus driver to drive the bus.The very least I would expect from a highly paid proffessional footballer is just a tiny bit more than jogging around the pitch huffing and puffing and wheezing.

C,mon Gabby, if you cant be a footballer, at least be a man FFS 

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/04/20/stilyan-petrov-speaks-out-in-defence-of-suspended-aston-villa-st/?

Stiliyan Petrov speaks out in defence of suspended Aston Villa striker Gabriel Agbonlahor

The former Villa star believes Agbonlahor is being unfairly singled out.

Aston Villa striker Gabriel Agbonlahor has found himself in hot water recently. First he was suspended for his actions on a holiday in Dubai, then he was given two weeks off to get in shape and now he is suspended again – after another night on the town went public, this time apparently the night Villa suffered relegation to the Championship.

Considering Villa’s woeful season many people will always be looking for a scapegoat and Agbonlahor has become something of an easy target.

But one former Villa player is refusing to lay the blame at Agbonlahor’s door.

Stiliyan Petrov has come out in support of his former team-mate this week, suggesting that it is unfair to blame Agbonlahor. He told Sky Sports News HQ earlier today (20/04/2016): “That’s Gabby’s type of life all these years. When he was outstanding, when he was bad.

“He loves the club, he’s always out there, he wants to perform.

“Gabby is different. But I don’t think it is his fault what is happening. Yes, he is part of it. He should have dealt better, he should have acted better but I certainly think that is not first time that Gabby has smoked shisha, that Gabby has been out or had a couple of drinks, he’s been partying. Everybody does it.”

Agbonlahor has not helped himself in this matter but Petrov is right to point out the fact that this is nothing new from the striker.

Now that Villa are struggling he is an easy target but the real problems at the club are far more deeply rooted then one player’s antics in the evenings. 

Hopefully those issues can be sorted out, because Agbonlahor is not the biggest problem at Aston Villa right now.

Well if it's "normal" for everyone to be going out on the piss whilst in a fitness training program then it's no wonder we've been relegated. The whole culture of our club needs to change. We need 25 James Milners. 

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/04/20/stilyan-petrov-speaks-out-in-defence-of-suspended-aston-villa-st/?

Now that Villa are struggling he is an easy target but the real problems at the club are far more deeply rooted then one player’s antics in the evenings.

Hopefully those issues can be sorted out, because Agbonlahor is not the biggest problem at Aston Villa right now.Certainly agree with those last sentences. Got a feeling Gabs will be suspended at least once or twice a week over the summer to try to distract from the chaos of our dysfunctional and imploding club.

Certainly agree with those last sentences. Got a feeling Gabs will be suspended at least once or twice a week over the summer to try to distract from the chaos of our dysfunctional and imploding club.

With all due respect Stiliyan Petrov, s the f up.

Gabby is going on 30 now and if he's not realized that he can't keep going out to clubs every weekend and stay in shape at the same time, then a look at the scales might tell him he's getting fat.

Fair enough the club should have nipped this in the bud, but at 30 you really should figure this out on your own.

Go finds us another Tonev and stop defending this useless waste of a footballer.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, R.Bear said:

Yeah and there's people earning three times what Gabby earns who do less than him, should Gabby be disgruntled with them? There's people in vast mansions who would see 60k/week as chump change and do nothing but put their feet up and watch the money come in. Put the violin away, its all relative. Using any players salary as a stick to beat them with is over the line for me. Its irrelevant what they earn and none of our business. And before anyone says "I buy tickets/shirts/DVDs" so I pay his salary. Well dont then. Its as simple as this. You have to pay tax, you absolutely dont have to have to buy shirts.

The absolute arrogance of football fans or anyone to say "he earns this, he should put x amount of effort in".

Wow,

I'm self employed and work for every penny.

However,

I love my job, and money is not my motivation.

I have pride in what I do, I owe it to myself, my family and all the people I have in my life to be a responsible, likeable and happy person.

My personal values are Love, Health and passion. But I've also lived a "Rock & Roll" lifestyle that Gaby could only ever dream of. However, my Loves, Passions and responsibilities have never suffered,

I'm not rich and never will be, but in the game of life I'm happy, thus a winner.

Gaby is a multimillionaire but in the game of life he is unhappy, thus a loser.

I'm passed feeling sorry for him not handling "life" well. He's an absolute disgrace to himself, his family, friends and football (football being AVFC)

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Heretic said:

You have missed something relevant.

Gabby is a man well paid to do frankly, not much at all. The very minimum you expect of him if that he is the appropriate physical condition to do his job.

Doesn't your employer expect you to be the same? If you're in no fit state to conduct your duties, don't you think that's a problem? This isn't a pocket tweet. It gets to the heart of your personal ethics. Your attitude. Who you are as a man.

Sent on a two week fitness program? What the **** does he do all day? He has all day every day to stay fit. People work full time jobs and go to the gym. There are bodybuilders who eat the right thing and all manner of things to prepare for contests. Schwarzenegger said he would be five hours a day in the gym. Five hours! He wouldn't stop until he was the best. Now there's a man for you. A man with drive, determination and a will to win. He wanted to eke out every iota of his potential.

A man who wastes an hour doesn't know the value of life. This fat **** is **** coasting. His ethics stink. His attitude stinks.

When you are unfit to do the job you know you are supposed to do (i.e. be ready and available for selection for your team) and the circumstances of your lack of fitness are entirely within your control, you are what is known as a **** disgrace.

But it's worse. He's club captain. You are not just any pro. You are a person who should lead by example.

You are right to say that if we were playing brilliantly this season nobody would care. But we aren't. We - and he - have been shit all season. Gabby has more suspensions than goals. That leads me to believe he should he doubling his efforts to be the best player he can be, no?

He is a spoilt rotten little shit. He has no pride in the privileged job he gets to do. He even has no pride in himself as a man.

I listened to Stan Collymore on Talksport last night - a big confessional it was too. Stan let off a fire extinguisher at Leicester's training camp. Others called Martin O'Neill at two in the morning as a prank. O'Neill demanded names next day. He told them (paraphrasing) 'you guys haven't done enough in the game to be behaving like that.' BINGO!

You want to **** around, be my guest! But you better in in the Leicester or Spurs team, or Cristiano Ronaldo.

If you're not even average this season, but you and you're team are some of the worst shower of shit ever to grace this league, you should be redoubling your efforts. Especially if it's for a club you profess to love.

Would YOU be behaving like this after this type of season as a Villa fan? I know I wouldn't.

Where have ethics gone? Drive? Determination? Decorum. The basics of being a **** man for Christ's sake. Players flat out on roads, partying in Dubai, offering fans out for fights, tweeting pictures of their new car - have these **** no shame! Where have values gone like pride in the job you do, the example you set for others and being the kind of man you'd want your children to be proud of and copy?

It's not the partying, per se. It's the partying in context of his idleness, physical neglect, personal negligence and all-round idle ****.

I am utterly astonished by your post. In fact, I suspected you were Gabby until I saw you could construct a declarative English sentence.

I can assure you - I would be ashamed to conduct myself in his manner. I don't earn as much as him and I've got my flaws, but I would be cognizant of the position I am in and stnad up and be counted.

The only thing you count on Gabby is the spare tires. You know his age by counting the rings around his **** midriff.

430 pages (how many posts?)

best post of all

• Like 1

The fact is the only real skill Gabby had was his speed, which was always going to fade anyway as he got older. Adding several pounds and looking like the average Sunday league player shows how concerned Mr Villa is about his career and Villa in general. That should have been identified before giving him a long term contract. He knew by the time he would be 32 he would be pretty much useless so why not milk it until then, see Charles N'zogbia as an example.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Bold statement 

Seen it all before

wine women & song

in his case

kebabs, getting women pregnant & beer.

Score a goal for the club you support.......etc

I know happy when I see it

unhappy too?

Happy now? :P

23 hours ago, R.Bear said:

I love the hypocrisy in here. Dont get me wrong, Gabby has been a waster for a good few years, he's doing the absolute minimum in order to not get fired it seems. So much like many of us "normal people" who sit in offices browsing or posting on VT complaining about how much effort professionals put in. Football is a job whether we like it or not and like most people, when you have no chance of promotion or the company is doing terribly then you dont give a shit. Not everyone but there are plenty who do this. Gabby is one of them.

The big difference is that most of us who post in here don't have a job where people around the world are watching us and are devastated by our performances week after week, year after year.

If I do badly at my job, I get the sack.... Not 500 other people who earn a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of what I earn and who need the money to pay the bills and keep a roof over their head.

I am a teacher... I have to make sure my marking is done, lesson plans are done, equipment for science lessons are prepared, parent-teacher evenings.... And I do all of it because its my job... Sometimes, I might not feel like it, but I have to because thats what I am getting paid for and it is my responsibility...

All that fat bastard has to do is stay in shape, work hard and kick a ball into a net - and he earns more in a year than I probably will in a lifetime!

• Like 1

Ray Wilkins was on Talksport this morning. They were talking about Gabby.  He said (in a polite way) that whilst he was there earlier in the season, he had spoken to Gabby about his physical condition and was told that he would sort it out himself and that Ray W needn't bother (or that was as polite as he could say on the Radio).  Seems Gabby really is a bad apple isn't he.   RW also spoke about Adama (i will put in that thread if anyone's interested) .  He also said that as he had been at the Belfry yesterday, he popped into Bodymoor and everyone was very down.

6 minutes ago, Hev said:

Ray Wilkins was on Talksport this morning. They were talking about Gabby.  He said (in a polite way) that whilst he was there earlier in the season, he had spoken to Gabby about his physical condition and was told that he would sort it out himself and that Ray W needn't bother (or that was as polite as he could say on the Radio).  Seems Gabby really is a bad apple isn't he.   RW also spoke about Adama (i will put in that thread if anyone's interested) .  He also said that as he had been at the Belfry yesterday, he popped into Bodymoor and everyone was very down.

I would be down as well if Del Boy had turned up to visit.

• Like 1

Â