Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

surely has to be the last straw for the club, he has no redeeming feature that we could even keep him for regarding re-sale value or youth on his side

Lescott should also be sacked with him

4 hours ago, zapbranny said:

What's sackable about this? You would need to be guilty of gross misconduct to be summarily dismissed.  Nothing about being photographed messing about off duty is gross misconduct.

The fact that hes not fit for a match. 1 stone overweight. Instead of working on his fitness hes out partying and drinking. Doesnt show much pride in himself. Not very professional. 

He has had numerous off the field issues and been suspended before. He is the club captain and has put the club into disrepute multiple times this season. 

I am sure he was warned last time with Garde.. and if hes broken the rules again.. then enoughs enough. 

Gabby has been a symbol of Aston Villa over the last 10 years with his form being a mirror of the teams.

2006-2010 - Exciting, successful, no-one was really sure how good we/he could become.

2011-2013 - Often terrible and had some bad runs but the occasional excellent performance 3-4 times a season.

2014-present - Awful performance after awful performance, no-one was really sure if the good times would ever come back and being so bad that even the fans found it hard to cheer him on.

• Like 3

The bare minimum we need to be doing is, firstly strip him of club captaincy, secondly make him train alone, if possible pay off his contract and tell him to leave with immediate effect. I would love the club to sack this waster, but I am not sure that we have grounds to do so at this moment in time, which means if we did sack him we would open ourselves up to a bigger claim and more money for Gabby in compensation. I will never understand why he was awarded his last contract renewal, about 90% of the people on here were counting down the days to his departure, and then Bam we're stuck with him for another 4 years.

• Like 1

Why can't his contract be terminated? He's a professional athlete currently out of the first team because he is on a personal fitness plan due to him eating all the pies and on the night of our relegation he is out getting drunk.

Don't worry though. No calories in "Hippy Crack" I hear.

I'd suggest he is royally taking the piss.

Edited by sexbelowsound

They should sue him for breach of contract.  In no other area of life would he be able to get away with such under performance and piss talking.  He is the embodiment of everything that is wrong with football and our club.

I'd like to think this recent humiliating show was just some sad has-been in the twilight of his career narrowly clinging on to the vestiges of fame.

It is'nt. Agbonlahor has been quite literally 'winging' it for years, living the life of luxury, while turning out every now and then to huff and puff his way round the ground for 90mins. 

Football, over the years, has been full of party animals. Real talents, who played hard and partied harder. And he could'nt hold a light to any of them.

Times up, son. Shut the door on your way out.

1 hour ago, sexbelowsound said:

Why can't his contract be terminated? He's a professional athlete currently out of the first team because he is on a personal fitness plan due to him eating all the pies and on the night of our relegation he is out getting drunk.

Don't worry though. No calories in "Hippy Crack" I hear.

I'd suggest he is royally taking the piss.

We do not know the t's&c's of his contract, or the disciplinary code for the club so we do not know if he is in breach of any of those. Sacking someone wrongly, especially someone with a big contract would cost the club Millions of pounds so we need to be careful here.

Â