Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

I've been one of Gabby's biggest critics on here over the years. But I think it's stretching it to say he wouldn't bang them in at Championship level. From listening to managers and players over the years, the biggest difference down there is the amount of time the defence gives you. For a player with Gabby's characteristics; speed; that would surely play into his hands. Not that I want to see this hypothesis played out in real life for one minute :/

Can't see it being a legit account. Sure didn't he say a few years ago that he didn't want to be called gabby that he wanted to be called Gabriel. Or am I imagining that? If that was the case why would he set up his account as gabby. That and I don't see what he has to gain with lambert gone. He was a regular under lambert and you'd have to assume his position is under serious pressure with a new man coming in given his lack of productivity.

i think the new manager should cut ties with him in the summer,the game is about results & goals, gabby struggled with young.barry,petrov,milner setting them up!

gabby is part of the low scoring problem & not a solution.

Gabby would be top of my list to get rid of

He's clueless at the best of times but is he really as bad a player as we've seen from him? He has pace, experience and 2 decades of training yet at times he looks like League 1 is above him.....hopefully a new manager can use him properly, and consider the wider implication of his abilities. 

When I see him standing still, or not following the pass I have to ask myself whether it's him, or the manager. Stationary players, especially strikers are sitting ducks for replacing yet he was a constant thorn in our attacking exploits.

Let's be honest, pretty much the whole squad is underperforming at the moment.

Like I said for Sinclair in his thread, I'm looking forward to seeing our players, especially the attackers, playing under a new manager.

WE MIGHT EVEN SCORE!

Lerner aside, there is no one I dislike more than gabby, to me he appears a half arsed, nearly invisible, stroppy con man. How he has such high regard I'll never understand, he has never shown his full ability, lives of his local boy tag and the only reason he is described as loyal - and because he is loyal we should stick by him - is largely down to the fact that the bigger clubs see him for the underperforming/happy to get his wages bang average player that he is and have never tried to coax him away. I wonder why that is.

Then you have the recurring leader of the locker room and player power nonsense that crops up everytime we are in trouble. To me he will be a spoiled little gormless brat from now on. Time for him to move on imo. Though you could say that about a lot of or squad but Gabby has gotten away with being the little local darling for most of his career. I've had enough of him. I'm not gonna say anyone who loves him is an idiot or anything, too much of that on this board, this is purely just my opinion and I'm just having a rant. 

I've let off steam in the Lerner thread too. Too many people are letting the true poisonous types in our club get away with it and focus all of their efforts and bile on Lambert. I'm guessing the next manager will get it in the neck next instead despite being the 5th or 6th guy since MON to fail. Yet there are one or two other constants who always escape it all.
Edited by Ingram85

Â