Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

and people said they would sell at 7m, i hope some people are eating humble pie! he needs to do it more consistently but he has played under two clueless managers, out of position and had a few injury concerns.

lets hope he maintains this. he definitely deserves to start sunday

What makes me laugh is when he scores he simply has no idea what to do.

He has two things to choose from:

Cups ears or turns round and points at shirt.

Oh, Gabriel

have you never seen him score goals against blose? his celebrations are fantastic :)

• Like 1

i hope all of the talk about selling players stops for a while... we have a squad, where the vast majority appear to be working hard and providing great competition for places... absolutely no need to talk about selling anyone for the moment...

His first goal was fantastic. He is so good when he's at the top of his game.

It really was. Burst of pace, lovely touch from Benteke to carry on Gabby's run, and en excellent, mature finish from outside th ebox. Something we've rarely seen from Gabby.

Would be delighted to see him kick on from here

(I'd still like him to lose a few pounds though...)

Looks like Gabby is starting this season like he did the last one which is great to see.

A fit and sharp Gabby is a threat to any defence in the league.

A Gabby who has played 45 games in a season or a Gabby who is carrying a bit of an injury is a nothing player who adds feck all to us.

Can it be true that we finally have enough attackers that we don't have to play Gabby whether he's fit or not?

• Like 1

The beauty of Gabby performing out of his skin like that is that it gives Lambert a huge headache. And it also means that teams are going to be facing us without a clue as to which combo they're going to be up against.

We should'nt lose sight either about how involved and effective Benteke was last night. I'm sure it did'nt do Gabby's cause any harm?

Let's see him do what he did last night consistently

Yup, it's ok saying he has proved people wrong - but I disagree. He has shown what he is capable of, but this has not proved he can do this regularly. 15 goals at the end of the season and people can then say he has proved himself. But right now, all he has done is opened the debate on whether he can do this consistently.

People forget what a player has done and can do in football too easily sometimes.

Keep proving em wrong Gabby

Steady on there. To your first sentence - "Yeah, f**k all past December" and to your second I'd say "start" proving em wrong. Last night was definitely a reminder of what he used to do though. Now do it moarrr please Gabriel.

It's a sign of the attacking potential available in this squad, and reminder that you write gabby off at your peril.

Consistancy has been a problem but as a few have stated he was played all game every game regardless of form, fitness or opposition. And quite frankly the last 2 season should be scrubbed from the history books completely if you ask me!

Gabby does not need to, and clearly will not, play every game this season, he will be picked on form, when fully fit, and when the tactics and approach to the game suit his involvement rahter than Benteke or Weiman. Purely for that reason alone we should only see the best of Gabby when he's on the pitch.

My favourite goal celebrations by a Villa player are Albrighton's. He does the sort of thing I would imagine most of us would do if we scored a goal for Villa. Just sayin'

I have never slated Gabby for his ability, when he's on his game, he is unplayable, but the problem is those days seem to be very rare. Lets hope he is on it for Sunday, as thats when we need him to be. But boy does PL have a dilemma. Goals two and three were simply down to link up of Benteke and Gabby.

Â