• Lichaj
    • Ireland
    • Herd
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Bannan (for Herd 46)
    • Gardner (for Cuéllar 66)
    • Baker (for Warnock 81)

Aston Villa boss Alex McLeish: "It was an absolutely shocking, woeful display. Maybe some of the boys were thinking about their holidays already.

"That team needs a change and there will be change. That wasn't an Alex McLeish team today. We need to bring more quality into the squad.

"I take (the fans' booing) on my shoulders for the sake of the players, I agree with the fans' frustration about our display.

"I'm expecting the board to back me. I have no reason to think I won't be (Villa manager next season). We've got through a really tough season. I've won lots of trophies as a player and manager and I haven't turned into a bad manager overnight."

BBC

No Alex, not overnight. It took years to perfect such abject shitness.

Listened to WM's commentary...apart from Shay they were all described as disgraceful.

Special mentions went to Ireland and Gabby for not looking as if they gave a ****.

Back to the Sty with you, McGinger

Stopped watching this debacle to watch the City game so who cares.

Given MOTM from what I saw of it.

Inept performance, just feel sorry for all the fans.

Whoever is at fault at B6 needs to be shipped out ASAP.

This 100%

I feel sorry for anyone that missed the climax to the PL to go and watch that

Meh, they knew what they were letting themselves in for.

Not gunna lie, I saw our line-up and put on the arsenal game then watched the last 45 of the city match. It was so obvious we wouldn't even score. Playing 7 defenders plus heskey. Basically Ireland and Agbonlahor were the only two players who could possibly score.

A litttle tip for you Alex, take a cardboard box with you when you next pop into the office. Keep all your desk shit from rolling around the boot of your car.

bye bye, it was emotional.

Lerner will either fire him or back him

If he backs him, he will blame it on the players

If that's the case, we can blame the players for another season of McLeish

To be fair, the players WERE garbage today. I lost count of the number of times Villa players made no effort to battle for loose balls even when it was them who gave the ball away. Gabby may as well have carried a board proclaiming "I don't give a shite" because he clearly didn't and nor did many others.

Whatever is going wrong at VP, it is clearly a disease that has spread throughout the entire roster and that can only mean its coming from the core which is McLeish and his supporting cast.

Gabby may as well have carried a board proclaiming "I don't give a shite" because he clearly didn't and nor did many others.

He also looked to me like he pretty clearly applauded the sack McLeish chant at the end of the game. Maybe he's becoming a better fan than player?

Just home - yeh lousy performance. But very spirited support for most of the match, and for that I still enjoyed it. I was massively amused by their lot after we had followed their lead with an early round of 'theres only one paul lambert - Im sure most of them applauding us did so with genuine sincerity, believing we were letting them know how much we recognised the good job he had done for their team :lol:

Favourite fancy dressed fans were Sin Cara and the lady in the wheelchair dressed as Yoda w/ mask.

And gosh Norwich is a lovely place, and their fans are wonderful aswell. I very much look forward to the away day next season - it may well displace Bolton, as theyve been relegated, as my favourite. But for very very different, and much much better reasons!

Anyone know who else Norwich have kept a clean sheet against this season? I know it's not many (bit like Wolves).

Bolton Wanderers & villasboas Chelsea

Â