The football gifs thread (possible 3G warning!)

The_Rev

Horrific from Carrick. You'd expect better from a holding player to not charge at the ball like a 10 year old.

What do you suggest he should have done instead?

Flattened the k*nt?

That's possibly the best save I've ever seen with my own two eyes. As soon as the ball was headed, I could see where it was going and my heart sunk. Even after it was saved I was so convinced that it went in I just gawped in amazement. 

(props to Baker for following it up too). 

Does anyone have a gif of the Guzan save from the front angle.
I actually think it looks better from the front as it shows you how far he had to push it round he post. Wasn't just a case of getting his hand to it.

Bannage beckons for that one. In those cases the ban should be the same lenght as the injury. Horrible.

I don't know if this post is entirely serious,

but I adisagree. That would be a pretty broken policy.

Bannage beckons for that one. In those cases the ban should be the same lenght as the injury. Horrible.

I don't know if this post is entirely serious,

but I adisagree. That would be a pretty broken policy.

I was serious actually.

Why is it a "broken policy?" McManaman was reckless in the tackle and through his actions alone as seriously injuried a fellow professional. This isn't one of those "unlucky/just caught him late" tackles its a full on lunge with both feet off the ground with the leading leg above knee height.

He is solely responsible for the injury and to me at least, it seems grossly unfair that Haidara will be out for longer as a result of McManaman's actions than McManaman himself.

• Like 1

Â