The Patrick Ebbutt Trophy - VT Player of the Season

LancsVillan

• 1 month later...

Has the Trophy been retrieved from Ireland yet and is the Benteke situation going to affect this years presentation, as I assume he won it?

Personally even if he has won it should still go ahead, in my opinion, but obviously timing might be more difficult now.

It wouldn't be right to let the situation mess up a the presentation of a trophy born out of real tragedy.

Edited by Ghost_of_Pongo_Waring
  • Like 1

Yeah, I'd be well annoyed if this was just "forgotten" without some form of explanation. Perhaps the family have lost interest for whatever reason as in it's too hard for them?

Whatever the reason I'd really like to know the score.

Hi,

For those of you who don't know, I was Pat's cousin and had the honour of presenting the trophy to Stephen Ireland last year.

First of all, I speak for the whole family when I say, we have defiantly not lost interest. Quite the opposite, we would be terribly upset if the trophy didn't get presented this year.

As far as organising for it to be presented this year, that is down to the moderators here at Villa Talk. I know those involved have been caught up in some personal things and I have offered to take over the process in the past. I will once again say though, if there is anything I can do to ensure this happens please let me know. I'm happy to pick up the whole thing, just let me know.

As for the current trophy location, it is with the club. Although we presented it to Stephen, he was asked to leave it in the clubs possession. I believe it has been on display somewhere, but I am not sure where.

Thanks to all of you who have stayed interested and involved. Really means a lot

Hopefully speak to you soon with some news regarding this,

Mark

Great news Mark - I'm very glad it will still be happening.

I suppose its down to contacting the club and finding out how we can get it back and arrange a time with the player its going to be awarded to (hopefully Tekkers!) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...