I saw Boulding play...

PauloBarnesi

Good shout. - Andy Comyn played in that game at VP v Milan I think (the first one - the Kent Nielsen one, not the Andy King one). He played really well, too. He'd played about 2 or 3 times before then at most, and pretty much never played again for us. What a night that was.

I have some great photographs from that night. Stood down in the left hand corner of the Holte under the light of the old scoreboard - Happy Days :D

Darren Byfield, I saw him against (I think) Everton in a 3-1 win.

Gareth Farrelly started in the same game.

Stephen Cooke's league debut for us, we were 2-0 up against Bolton and he came on when we won a corner. He went straight up to take the set piece to much applause.

Pretty sure I saw Najwan Ghrayib, but I can't rememeber who against.

Ronald Hoop!

Haha i remember him, he played one trial game against Birmingham City (John Frain testimonial we beat them 9-0 at the Sty, think he got 2, Draper got 2 and Lee Hendrie got 2, can't remember the other scorers)

he had a lot of clubs, we had him on trial from Telstar, which was his best scoring record:-

Wiki

Pretty sure this wasn't the game. I'm sure it was the day after Big Ron had been sacked, we played them in a friendly for the grand opening of their fantastic new half a stadium, and it ended in a 1-1 draw.

I might have got mixed up mate, did go to see us twice at the sty in mid 90's, 1 was a 1-1 and other we beat them 9-0 with Allan Evans and Brian Little playing first half!!! Hoop probably played in the 1-1 like you said

Ronald Hoop!

Haha i remember him, he played one trial game against Birmingham City (John Frain testimonial we beat them 9-0 at the Sty, think he got 2, Draper got 2 and Lee Hendrie got 2, can't remember the other scorers)

he had a lot of clubs, we had him on trial from Telstar, which was his best scoring record:-

Wiki

Pretty sure this wasn't the game. I'm sure it was the day after Big Ron had been sacked, we played them in a friendly for the grand opening of their fantastic new half a stadium, and it ended in a 1-1 draw.

I might have got mixed up mate, did go to see us twice at the sty in mid 90's, 1 was a 1-1 and other we beat them 9-0 with Allan Evans and Brian Little playing first half!!! Hoop probably played in the 1-1 like you said

when they equalised in the 1-1 friendly a handful of their fans staged a pitch invasion in celebration as well hahaha

there is footage on the internet somewhere

I was there Paulo!!

Adrian Heath was an interesting signing. Just didn't work out. I wonder whether he actually scored a goal for us?

No he didn't

David Hughes - came through the ranks and played a couple (if that) games at Centre Back.

John McGrath - saw him come off the bench at one game... might have been his only appearance.

Also saw Henrik Larsen (Euro 92 winner) and Steve Staunton's brother (Tommy I think?) play for the Villa reserves at Bescot.

Didn't Alan McLoughlin sit on the bench for us a few times but never play?

as previously mentioned, Nil Lamptey. That wonder goal he scored against Wigan (?) in the Coca Cola Cup (?) when we won 5-nil (?).

somebody please find a clip and link me to that goal. Proper stunner, (the goal that is) if my memory serves me correctly.

I really thought he was going to be a world beater after seeing that goal.

I saw Carl Tiler play...

I saw Boulding play... It was against FC Zurich in the Inter Toto for GT2 - and I was sitting in the Lower Trinity (for some reason) by the tunnel behind some old fella wearing a shocking yellow string vest, brown corded trousers and Jesus sandals... Yes, a real horror show.

I saw Didier Six play for us to in my first ever trip to Villa Park - a 3-0 win against Sheffield Wednesday. I remember **** all about the game, other than getting a nice AVFC ski-jacket type coat and some aggro in the Lower North amongst the Wednesday fans I think.

How players like Ronny Johnsen and Alpay Ozalan ever got as many caps for Villa as they did astounds me.

really? these were 2 very good footballers in their time at Villa and Johnsen being dropped for Ridgewell cost us Europe in 2004

saw Danny Jackman play in Ireland in pre-season in 2003 and he looked a handy full-back. Only noticeable as he was 1st and last player ive ever seen took off and then allowed back on as sub again :)

Also saw Stuart Taylor play once ;)

I remember Scott Murray playing a couple of games for us in 95, was very quick but crap..... Remember him against Man Citeh when we lost 1-0

Saw Stephen Cooke against Man Utd as a sub, and he should've had a penalty, other notable mentions goto Chris Sutton, Carl Tiler, Salifou, Sasa Curcic, Adam Rachel and his beaver like mouth and of course, Jonathon Hogg.... (I've seen all those live, in front of me)

David Curtolo (was suppose to be an amazing swede superkid, who never got near the first team), Mika Aaritalo, Drobny, Richard Walker and Neil Tarrant was it? (One of them scored against Arsenal if I remember rightly) Salifou (no, that's not a mistake him being mentioned twice, I just love the guy so much), David Hughes, Ferrerasi (was pants)......

Erik Bakke.

Oooh, I completely forgot about him, remember him having 1 good game for us, think it was against Fulham away, then we had to send him back to Leeds as we could not afford to keep him on loan....

Â