I saw Boulding play...

PauloBarnesi

Did this guy ever even make it as far as the bench?

bartelt.jpg

Friday, 4 February, 2000, 16:38 GMT

Bartelt in to replace Collymore

Aston Villa have signed AS Roma's Argentian striker Gustavo Bartelt on loan for the rest of the season.

With Dion Dublin out for the rest of the season with broken neck vertebrae and Stan Collymore set to join Leicester, Villa boss John Gregory has been forced to reinforce his frontline.

If Bartelt's loan spell works out, Villa hope to complete a £4m permanent transfer.

Gregory said: "Roma are quite happy for him to come out on loan to us. Since he joined them for £4m he has not had as many opportunities as he would have liked in Italy."

I'm pretty sure I saw Fabio Ferraresi and Tommy Jaszczun in pre-season games, probably as part of a Villa XI against Tamworth as I went to quite a few of those.

Didier Agathe. It was like watching a newborn deer making its first steps. I remember in his first game he did a trick which allowed him to get past someone, then every single other time he tried it (in that game or any other), it failed.

I saw Boulding play

I saw Adam Rachel play twice for villa .... Once in the league when he came on for Oaks and once upfront for Villa in a pre season friendly ( v Wrexham if memory serves) .. i'm sticking my neck out here and saying I believe he also scored in that game

David Unsworth.....oh, wait :?

I watched him play at Wycombe in a friendly if I recall ... and I saw Fabio Ferrasi play at Wycombe for Villa , no idea if it was the same match as we played a few games there but possibly it was also the same friendly where Dwight Yorke was being begged by the Villa fans not to leave

I saw Boulding play

I saw Adam Rachel play twice for villa .... Once in the league when he came on for Oaks and once upfront for Villa in a pre season friendly ( v Wrexham if memory serves) .. i'm sticking my neck out here and saying I believe he also scored in that game

I remember Adam Rachel coming on for the sent off Michael Oakes against Blackburn IIRC. He let 2 in in the last half hour. He was in the year below me at school in Tamworth and lived about 150 yards from my house at the time...

Ronald Hoop!

Haha i remember him, he played one trial game against Birmingham City (John Frain testimonial we beat them 9-0 at the Sty, think he got 2, Draper got 2 and Lee Hendrie got 2, can't remember the other scorers)

he had a lot of clubs, we had him on trial from Telstar, which was his best scoring record:-

Wiki

I saw Boulding play

I remember Adam Rachel coming on for the sent off Michael Oakes against Blackburn IIRC. He let 2 in in the last half hour.

I remember that too. Oaks got sent off for handball outside the area didn't he?

And I think the first thing Rachel did was pick the ball out of his net from a free kick?

I saw Adam Rachel play twice for villa .... Once in the league when he came on for Oaks..
Me too - Rovers away, in winter, late Boxing day or post Xmas kick off, I think. Dead windy, Dermott Gallagher sent Oaks off wrongly for handling outside the area. A bit of my roof got blown off. We lost 1-0. Happy piggin' Christmas. Not.

Â