SPECULATION: Gus Poyet (Brighton Manager)

Villan4Life

There's been a biggish non league type final down there today which Poyet was at

Should have a steer over next 48 hours

You're full of shit.

He is. Really hasnt got a clue about football. You should see some of his old posts.

Didnt brighton start to go to pieces cooincidently after half their side was involved in a rape case?

I dont think that was the managers fault

Well, if that's the kinda stuff he's preaching on the training ground then no thanks. Also, he's racist so he would sell Bent at the earliest opportunity.

Didnt brighton start to go to pieces cooincidently after half their side was involved in a rape case?

Well, if that's the kinda stuff he's preaching on the training ground then no thanks. Also, he's racist so he would sell Bent at the earliest opportunity.

I dont know about racist but his comments supporting Suarez were appalling I agree. Given the proud diversity at our club I think he would have an uphill battle thats for sure.

Sarcasm doesn't come across well over the internet, but you are joking. I know you're joking.

Poyet would be quality for us, Brighton were very close to the play-offs up until they blew it with a couple of games to go. That's a decent achievement having just been promoted on a modest budget. Got a Brighton mate and he goes on about their style of football etc, as well as how he gets the best out of the players. They were unbeaten in 2012 til March.

I know there will be a lot of fans up-in-arms because it should have been Mourinho or Guardiola, but if he does come I think it would be a positive move for a very capable manager.

I think he just meant they don't have the same meaning in Uruguay And English speaking countries..

What did he say exactly?

Thought everyone knew , Suarez kept on calling evra a racist comment , gus was going mad on talksport saying there was nothing wrong with what he said ! As I Said before there is no place for that in football

I think he just meant they don't have the same meaning in Uruguay And English speaking countries..

What did he say exactly?

Thought everyone knew , Suarez kept on calling evra a racist comment , gus was going mad on talksport saying there was nothing wrong with what he said ! As I Said before there is no place for that in football

Yeah It is disgraceful.. Suarez is a rat. I hate him. I think he was trying to say that the words Suarez used means another thing in Uruguayan.. But Suarez should have been told that the language he used was unacceptable.. God I hate him.

What did he say exactly?

Yeah It is disgraceful.. Suarez is a rat. I hate him. I think he was trying to say that the words Suarez used means another thing in Uruguayan.. But Suarez should have been told that the language he used was unacceptable.. God I hate him.

Spot on

I've heard the same words used by Suarez in the holte end on more than one occasion. As for Poyet I couldn't care less if he was leader of the national front if it meant AM was a goner. Ok that was an exaggeration but I don't think Poyet is a racist at all.

What a load of rubbish written on this thread! Are you all twelve!

Poyet would be a fantastic appointment.

Let's just celebrate AM has gone and get behind the new man whoever he is (Mick McCarthy and Gary Megson execepted lol)

Brendon Rogers is mid-way through his Swansea project, otherwise he'd be my (realistic) ideal candidate. Plays to his ideology of passing and moving and has shown he has the knack of making it work, not only on a budget, but at the highest levels too.

Lambert has arguably the best record of any up-and-coming manager, in fact it's very impressive, and his tactical awareness is very good. Unlike Rogers he plays to strengths rather than a die hard philosophy.

Martinez had done well keeping Wigan in the top flight recently, a challenge I think would have been beyond most managers, possibly the hardest job in English football at the moment. His CV puts him in the promising young manager category, he's likeable, articulate and seems driven.

Poyet, lacks top flight experience at managerial level, seems to be doing quite well, but it's possibly too soon for him.

edit - meant to post in the 'Who do you want as next Villa manager??' thread.

Â