SPECULATION: Gus Poyet (Brighton Manager)

Villan4Life

What happens if Poyet turns out to be a Zola MK 2 and take us down we would be back at square one again but i suppose he could turn out to be a decent manager can we afford to take the risk with the predicament were in

Although Zola never got relegated. He was a much better manager than he is given credit for.

I'd be a big supporter of this.

Yes risk, but he's been very good wherever he's been. When he left Leeds and they fell apart, it came out it was him doing all the coaching and getting the players ready in a system for Wise to come and pick the team. Done well at Brighton, flying start, fell away a bit, but they do play nice stuff, I'd like to think he could get us doing that after a Summer with the side. Young manager as well, which would hopefully work well with our young squad we now rely on.

One thing I really like is he looks all over the shop for players. He's brought a couple of foreign chaps in here and there, but also bought cleverly from lower leagues so he's got that magic thing of having an open mind.

Unfortunately, he may bugger off to Chelsea the season after.

I should have an inside steer on poyets plans by Monday latest

Pass on the message that he's not good enough for Villa. Thanks.

We've got McLeish right now.. Beggars cannot be choosers, if Poyet wants to come here then we should accept him. He's better than McLeish by a considerable margin.

I should have an inside steer on poyets plans by Monday latest

Pass on the message that he's not good enough for Villa. Thanks.

We've got McLeish right now.. Beggars cannot be choosers, if Poyet wants to come here then we should accept him. He's better than McLeish by a considerable margin.

We're not beggars. There's plenty of other (smaller) clubs that can gamble on Poyet, we are better off aiming for someone with a little more proven experience at a higher level. I'd file him under "one for the future" certainly, but not now.

Â