SPECULATION: Danny Guthrie/L. Best/Danny Simpson (Newcastle)

Villan4Life

God please don't tell me we are selling bent and hoping leon best can get us the goals, that is madness.. What is leon's best GS record he sscored 19 goals in 92 Apps for Coventry not in the PL.. -_-

Selling bent would be suicide. He is one of the most prolific stikers to ever play in the PL. We need to build the team around him and Ireland.

More dross...

A club with functioning scouting could easilly find thousands of players who are as good or better and on significally lower wages.

A perfect example on why I wan't a manager from the continent, no way would Bilic or Solbakken go for Leon Best.

put Alan Hutton in that Newcastle defence this season and they would still be fighting for the champions league...

if there is one player in that team who has had zero influence on Newcastle having a storming season then its Danny Simpson...

when you've got Krul,Coloccini, Tiote,Cabaye,Gutierez,Ben Arfa,Ba and Cisse all pulling up trees then you can afford an average right back....

those are the words out of the mouths of my Newcastle supporting chums anyway...

he is the first player Newcastle fans want replaced

Hopefully AM will piss off after Norwich and take this stinking deal will him.

If we're going to bring in a forward thats not going to cost much, then get Martinez to bring Victor Moses with him, aswell as a few other from Wigan.

I think you're gonna be in for a big surprise how much Victor Moses will cost.

Guthrie I could accept as a squad player. But Simpson and especially Best - what a joke. Is this McLeish's crack at the big time he was talking about last week? If these are the kind of targets we are after then we might as well lose 17-0 tomorrow and get that relegation in early as that is where we will be headed with McLeish on the bench and Leon Best leading our front line. Pathetic.

Â