King Carlos Day - Sunday 13th May

symmouk

People like him.

WHy do people have a problem with that? No he didn't live up to his price tag (although being forced to spend most of his playing time out of position would have something to do with that, but that's another story)

But he's not getting a send off because he's a good footballer, he's getting a send off because he's liked by (most of) the fans.

He gives it is all, he never has a bad word to say about the club, and the fans respond to that.

I'm right behind this. Not going to the Norwich game but good luck to everyone trying to sort it out.

No problem with it whatsoever, I just don't particularly see what he has done to deserve it other than say the odd nice thing on twitter and facebook. If people want to wear masks etc, good luck to them, hope they and he enjoy it!

You won't see any sort of send off for Dunne, Collins or Warnock. Difference is at leist Carlos seemed to care about our club even if he had limited playing ability.

Yes its his fan interaction that makes him a favourite, he's a genuinely nice bloke.

a very likeable guy but doesnt really deserve such a big send off. Nowhere near Mellberg in terms of ability and impact at club.

Would rather a Heskey send off, he had a hge impact here :(

I'm pretty joyless of course, but I think anything like this is likely to dtract from any anti-McLeish/Randy sentiment at the ground, and also any reporting of it, so is therefore a bad thing.

I am sorry Cuellar is going though, would keep him rather than either Collins or Dunne.

**** me - get a grip........ the bloke couldnt even get in our team........ and were giving him a send off to rival the royal wedding like he's some sort of footballing genius.........

JESUS CHRIST !!!

I'

Listen, it's about the away fans trying to siphon a small amount of joy from what looks like a bleak away trip to a distant part of the country. Let's not begrudge them that eh?

Anyway, I believe it will be sack McLeish day sadly...it's more important.
The club and local media are backing King Carlos day in the hope that McLeish protests will be forgotten.

the bloke couldnt even get in our team

2008/09 - 37 appearances

2009/10 - 48 appearances

2010/11 - 16 appearances

2011/12 - 18 appearances

It looks like he COULD get in the side in his first two seasons, during our years of utter failure when we twice limped into 6th place.

For the past two seasons, he has struggled to find favour with our last two superb managers. They have improved the team's performances so much, I guess he just didn't have the quality to make the grade. :?

WHERE CAN I GET THE MASK TO PRINT OFF I WANT TO DO IT AT WORK SO I CAN PRINT OFF 1000S OF THEM BUT NOT USE UP MY OWN INK OR PAPER

thanks.

the bloke couldnt even get in our team

2008/09 - 37 appearances

2009/10 - 48 appearances

2010/11 - 16 appearances

2011/12 - 18 appearances

It looks like he COULD get in the side in his first two seasons, during our years of utter failure when we twice limped into 6th place.

For the past two seasons, he has struggled to find favour with our last two superb managers. They have improved the team's performances so much, I guess he just didn't have the quality to make the grade. :?

Game, set, match. Hope a fair few people get behind this.

Even if one makes a (wobbly) argument against his quality, he deserves a good send off for his professionalism, charisma and the fact that he's being let go instead of other poorer performers. There's no reason this needs to detract from anti-McLeish/anti-Lerner sentiment, since they are the ones making the decision not to renew Cuellar's contract. Wearing a Carlos mask won't stop anybody singing 'Sack McLeish, my lord'.

WHERE CAN I GET THE MASK TO PRINT OFF I WANT TO DO IT AT WORK SO I CAN PRINT OFF 1000S OF THEM BUT NOT USE UP MY OWN INK OR PAPER

thanks.

@kingcarlosday on twitter has details about how to get a mask

_39739837_eheskey270.jpg

Here you go. Wear it with pride.

Â