Europa League Final - Channel 5 - 7.45pm

LondonLax

I hadnt heard of Radamel Falcao until 2 months ago. He is the reason Colombia will be at the next world cup.

He was top scorer in last year Europa League and was linked with chelsea all summer

His record for Colombia is quite average

Yeah, him and Hulk were superb for Porto last year, both players were linked with mega money moves to everywhere. Falcao ended up going for £35m. It was kinda high profile!

Firstly, they are Athletic Club, and take offence at being referred to as Bilbao.

Secondly, I flipped more than once at Atletico being referred to as Ath-letico on Ch5. :angry:

What a goal by Falcao though. This is a humiliating defeat for Bielsea and Athletic. Outsmarted by Simeone. Kept trying the same thing to no avail. Atleti break at pace and blitz them.

As someone on Twitter said, "Future Argentina manager beats former Argentina manager".

W/ regards to Falcao, how can you not have heard of him until 2 months ago!?

I hadnt heard of Radamel Falcao until 2 months ago. He is the reason Colombia will be at the next world cup.

That says more about you then him.

Didn't you see or hear about the final last year?

Firstly, they are Athletic Club, and take offence at being referred to as Bilbao.

Secondly, I flipped more than once at Atletico being referred to as Ath-letico on Ch5. :angry:

What a goal by Falcao though. This is a humiliating defeat for Bielsea and Athletic. Outsmarted by Simeone. Kept trying the same thing to no avail. Atleti break at pace and blitz them.

As someone on Twitter said, "Future Argentina manager beats former Argentina manager".

W/ regards to Falcao, how can you not have heard of him until 2 months ago!?

Why do they take offence at being called Bilbao.

And what about Madrid?

Does that refer to Real or Atletico?

And I think Channel 5 won't have the Europa League next year cause they were doing a farewell kinda thing "Favourite moment from the last few years" etc

Secondly, I flipped more than once at Atletico being referred to as Ath-letico on Ch5.

Lol. its really easy to push your buttons no?

Afterfall the name of the city is Bilbao haha.

I'm going to doubt they take actual offence at being referred to as Bilbao because the word is in their official club crest.

Yeah, English-speaking commentators having trouble with less than English names. I wouldn't get too mad. You'll only shorten your lifespan :) They were called Athletic once so maybe he was just being historically half-aware :P

I'm going to doubt they take actual offence at being referred to as Bilbao because the word is in their official club crest.

Yeah, English-speaking commentators having trouble with less than English names. I wouldn't get too mad. You'll only shorten your lifespan :) They were called Athletic once so maybe he was just being historically half-aware :P

Andy. An angry man with a plethora of issues.

Milan is in their name but Lisbon isn't in the latter. I don't know the reason behind your fascination with towns/cities being contained in the name of a club. It's not necessary and in our case it's not even desireable in the least.

FWIW, Understudy is right.

"Our club’s name is Athletic Club and we want to see it in all websites and in all newspapers or magazines."

Manchester United have upset the Spanish team they play in the Europa League tonight – by calling them ‘Athletic Club Bilbao’ on their website. The Reds received a ‘terse’ complaint from officials of the firecely-proud Basque side who say they are only known as ‘Athletic Club’ – and demanded ‘Bilbao’ was removed. A Reds source said: "I think they have a bit of a sense of self-importance. We put Bilbao on the website so our fans would know who we were playing. It was in the ticket section and we didn’t think anything of it as that is how they are referred to in all the papers. "They sent a pretty terse email and called the switchboard to complain. They said ‘we are only known as Athletic Club’ so it was changed." The move was confirmed by a United spokesman. He said: "We were happy to comply with their request."

Â