Summer Holidays 2012

Demitri_C

3 weeks in Central Florida - in a 'villa' of course! Chill-out days by the pool and Gulf Coast beaches interspersed with action days at various theme parks, go-karting, air-boating and mini golf. Looking forward to it - a lot! I managed to get a relatively good deal flying in BA Club Class so I'm hoping to avoid some of the shitty jet lag, especially being able to sleep flat on the overnight return.

Not going personally but ive sent the mrs away to vegas along with my daughter for a week in July now thats what i call holiday for myself ;-)

Surely it is supposed to go the other way around mate. You off to Vegas on your own, while they mind to things back home?? :winkold:

Haven't taken a day off work yet this year so still got 6 weeks to take.

Sorry...what!?!? 6 weeks holiday a year!!! :shock:

6 weeks is 30 days.

I get that too. Is that not normal?

I get 20 days annual leave and then 8 bank holidays on top. Out of those 20 days i have to save 5 for over Christmas which leaves me 15 days during the year.

6 weeks is 30 days.

I get 20 days annual leave and then 8 bank holidays on top. Out of those 20 days i have to save 5 for over Christmas which leaves me 15 days during the year.

wow that is tight!!!! I take 3 of my 30 for xmas. you must be burnt out!!!

6 weeks is 30 days.

wow that is tight!!!! I take 3 of my 30 for xmas. you must be burnt out!!!

10 hour days to boot!

I get the same Wiggy, not much fun, particularly when atleast 7 or 8 of those days are used up for study leave, which I thankfully no longer have to do as of this year.

I get 35, plus bank holidays, plus some freebies like the Tuesday after Easter Monday, and the week in between Xmas and New Year.

It's not enough.

25ish is about normal isn't it?

I get 25, plus statutory. HAve to take a few of my days at xmas, but end up with 21 or 22 to take throughout the year.

If I@m still at JLR next year I think I get an extra day for 5 years service. WOO!

16 days a year that I can take by choice, I also get one day every three weeks - compulsory i.e. I get paid for one extra shift a week that I don't do

I do however only work a 4 day week and in my 3 week rota there is a complete week off every three weeks, meaning I work 11 shifts in 21 days

I work for myself so I get zero paid holidays. I just budget for a few weeks off during the year, so if I have a good month a percentage of it goes in the holiday pot.

Â