Summer Holidays 2012

Demitri_C

Can't afford much this year - so far, off to Gt Yarmouth on Saturday for one night to take in the game on Sunday and then down to my friend's at Torquay at end of the month for four nights. That's about it for me - although I might go back down to Torquay later in the year - I'm lucky that I have one of my friends living down there !

An all-expenses paid 4-day trip to Budapest in June looks like being the long and the short of it for me. Thank you sumo :)

Berlin in July for the Radiohead concert and possibly Hamburg & Frankfurt if I feel like it. Mother, sister and her friend come in late July and will probably take them to Dublin, somewhere on the French Riviera, and probably a few spots in England. Then going to Ibiza for the last week of August, which is the one that excites me.

Probably a week in the motherland (Ireland) for me.

Was going to go to Ibiza, still might, but I don't think I'll be able to afford it. Maybe next year.

October - Jamaica for 2 weeks - All inclusive resort.

December 21st - Florida for Xmas (1 week) then flying into New York for new years (1 week). Get back the 4th January.

Gonna be knackering!

This topic depresses me as I haven't been on a holiday for 2 and a half years and it doesn't look like ill be going on one any time soon either.

:(

Hmmm not sure yet. Haven't taken a day off work yet this year so still got 6 weeks to take. Might do a week in the Isle of Wight soon... been 25 years since i've been there so might go back for old times sake. Stop at the same hotel as we used to as a family.

Always like to do a week in Sharm in about October time.. recharge the batteries etc. Basically just lounge around by the pool with my ipod and kindle and chill out. Weather is still in the early 30's. I don't think I could manage it in the height of summer as it would be too hot.

Would like to do 2 weeks in Brazil as well, perhaps around November/December. Chill out for a bit in Rio and then see a few other places.

A mate wants to do 2 weeks in Thailand in June/July time but might pass. Been there 4 times in recent years so think i have seen enough. Wouldn't mind going back to Cambodia and Vietnam at some point again and also Burma and Laos as haven't ticked them off my list yet. More likely next year though as need to save some time and money for a new property and car.

8 days in Nice as soon as our daughter finishes her GCSE's for us.

There is no such thing as sweetening a deal to Dismaland Paris, it's hell

And Tony, take your missus to France, somewhere on the Med, you'll like it and it'll completely change your perception

And Tony, take your missus to France, somewhere on the Med, you'll like it and it'll completely change your perception

Isn't that cheating getting your daughter to take exams for you ?

No fixed plans. We've already done Longleat and Stonehenge and had a London weekend. We will go camping when the weather breaks. Other than that, no plans. Certainly no big spend overseas adventure.

But I'm lucky, plenty of potential for business travel.

shark el sheik for a week, doesnt appeal to me at all but the gf wanted a beach holiday and its miles cheaper than spain/greece and croatia where i wanted to go

also got 2 stag dos

If you wait a couple of weeks, Greece will be affordable from the change in your pocket from a Friday night session and thats the whole bloody country ;-)

Isn't that cheating getting your daughter to take exams for you ?

Ho Ho Ho, she'll probably get an A* in French just to upset you, then again, she's likely to get an A* in everything on current form

Â